Chapter 14

Austin's POV

"I'm fine, Zac. I'm fine." I want to run after my mate, hug him tightly in my arms and never let him go, but I can't do that.

I might lose control again. I can't control all this werewolf thing yet. I'm just so glad no one was home.

Wait a minute...

"Were you with Seb?" I'm curious as to why they were together. A shade of pink takes over his cheeks, "Yeah, we were just hanging out. Since, you know, we are mates." He replies. The pink on his cheeks turns into red as he blushes.

"No way! I'm so happy for both of you!" I throw my arms around him and hug him.

"Thank you babe, I'm really happy too. Sebastian is amazing." Zac says into my shoulder as he hugs me back.

I chuckle at the pet name. I'm glad he didn't change it or that we did not let our new love interests get in the way of our friendship. It is not weird since Antonio does not call me 'babe', he mostly calls me 'angel' and 'baby'.

"Now we can go on double dates." I say and playfully punch his arm.

He laughs and nods, "We are definitely going on a double date."

I can't wait for that to happen, it will be so much fun. But for now I have something to tell Zac.

"I need to tell you something." I say in a serious voice to let him know its important.

His expression turns into a worried on as he says, "Go on."

I sigh as I look at my best friend. Ever since I met him we've done everything together.

Becoming a werewolf was my decision to make, I just hope he doesn't get mad that I did not tell him.

Taking a deep breath and closing my eyes I blurt out, "I may or may not have made the decision to become a werewolf last night."

I wait for a few seconds before slowly opening my eyes to see Zac's reaction.

His mouth closing and opening like a fish out of the water.

"I can explain!" I say before he can panic.

---------

"So I'll have to become a werewolf too?" He asks in a soft voice. After I told him why I did what I did yesterday, he had calmed down and understood everything. He seems a bit worried about it today, he was probably thinking about it all night.

I had been thinking about that too. I know I'm being selfish because of this but, the thought of him having Antonio's bite makes me jealous.

Maybe we can find an alpha or hybrid willing to give his bite to Zac when the time comes, but if we don't I'll just have to bury my jealousy. Since those are the only supernatural creatures with the power to turn a human into a werewolf.

"Probably, yes. Have you and Seb talked about it?" I ask as we walk through the hallways of our school. Normally I would see Antonio in first period but I doubt he is here today. He has been resting alot since his heat started. The medicine he takes for it keeps him sleepy and clumsy.

I had no clue those were going to be the side effects of it! He is basically drugged and I feel awful about it. I'll make it up to him friday night, which is tomorrow.

I have not seen him in two days and it is killing me. At first, I thought it was going to be okay. Now, I can't wait to have him in my arms again.

See his beautiful face and hear his voice. As cheesy as it is, I miss him. So much.

I also need help with the werewolf thing.

Yesterday I was having dinner with my family and out of nowhere my mind began to fill with lustful thought of Antonio and my canines somehow came out! I had to rush to the the bathroom and hide my face so my family wouldn't see.

It is not all so bad. I am much stronger than I was before. I can dance longer without getting tired, which will be very helpful now that I not only have dance practice, but I also have to give dancing lessons to kids who are future stars.

Those kids have potential, so I'm not complaining. Plus, they see me as some kind of God. Some of them even give me things like cookies and candy! Which is adorable. I love to spend time with them.

Zac lets out a sigh, "We can talk about it later. So what have you planned for your boy tomorrow?"

He swiftly changes the topic. If he does not want to talk about, I am not going to push it.

I know he will talk to me when he is ready.

Now it is my turn to let out a frustrated sigh.

"Absolutely nothing. I don't know what could make him feel better or distract him from his heat just for a bit."

Zac shrugs, "Just give him what he's been craving the most."

"What's that?"

"You."

He pats my shoulder and walks into the classroom as I stay standing there.

Am I ready to mate with Antonio? I have known him for a short period of time, yet he is one of the most important persons in my life. If not the most important.

He is the sweetest boy I've ever met. He's gorgeous and funny and more than I could have ever asked for. Most importantly, he does not deserve to go through this heat all by himself.

I can't let him go through the heat alone. It might not be affecting me the same way as it does him, but it doesn't mean it hurts any less to see him like that. To imagine how much energy he is using to fight against it. He probably thinks I'm not ready to take that next step into our relationship.

Truth is, I am ready. More than I'll ever be. Antonio is a treasure I want to take care of and cherish.

My treasure.