Chapter 17

Austin's POV

Yesterday was amazing! I got to train with Seb and Antonio for the first time and get to know better some of the pack members. Like the warriors we trained with, which were a pair of identical male twins and one girl.

Today is Sunday, I would usually spend the day with Dylan but he said he promised his friend Sorin he would hang out with him.

I didn't remember who he was at first but Dylan reminded me it was the boy we met at the museum the day we went there together.

I guess they kept in touch and became friends. My baby bro has a hard time making friends so of course I told him it was perfectly fine and that we could reschedule our bonding time for some other day.

I've actually been worried today. Worried about Antonio. My handsome boy looks sad, I know he feels sad and hurt but I don't know why.

We are on his bed, just chillin' and watching movies but his attention is on something else. I pause the movie when I see his eyes start to fill with tears.

"Baby, what's wrong? Please talk to me." I beg him, looking into his glossy eyes.

He lets out a sad sigh. I grab both his hands to let him know I'm here and that I don't plan on going anywhere.

-Play Song-

"My dad lost his baby when I was thirteen, this same date. My future baby brother or baby sister. It is so rare for wolves to lose their pups. The pregnancy is always a healthy one, it was not that case with my dad for some reason.

He cried every night. My father cried sometimes too but most of the time he tried to stay strong for dad.

It broke my heart to know how much they were suffering. I could feel their anger, sadness and sorrow through our bond.

My father and I tried our best to cheer dad up. Made his favourite food, planned activities he loved, we tried everything.

Nothing worked." He takes a deep breath, I rub his back in attempt to soothe him.

"We never left him alone after the night he tried to escape. He had even left us a letter saying he would be back when he found himself again, apologizing and saying he loved us.

He tried to run far away from us, that hurt so much. I had just lost my sibling, I couldn't have handled losing my dad, and neither could have my father.

My dad was the one who carried the baby for two months, I understood his pain but I was not going to let him slip away that easily.

Somehow I conviced him to stay. To see a psychiatrist who could help him. I promised he would get better. That we would all heal and get better.

We took him to see a psychiatrist from a pack not to far from ours.

With his medication and some time he got better.

It took about one year for that to happen, but it did. He started to smile more. Eat more. Laugh more.

We all did. With our Luna and Alpha back the pack felt like a happy place again.

I know they still think about the baby. I do too. How could I not? We were already attached to the pup. Since the moment dad announced he was pregnant once again."

The tears he was once holding back are now freely streaming down his cheeks as I hold him in my arms.

I can't even begin to imagine how his parents are feeling right now. If my heart is screaming in pain, theirs must be exploding.

Also, I thought Antonio had been adopted. Now that I really think about it, he looks a lot like Raven, his father. His eyes are practically the same as Eliott's, his dad.

Male werewolves can have babies. That is crazy.

Does that mean... No, it's not the time to think about that. Antionio needs my full attention right now.

Antonio's tears have calmed down a bit, though his eyes are puffy and he is sniffling.

"I know what you're probably thinking. The answer is no, we can't have pups just yet. First you ask the Moon Goddess for her blessing and she will grant it to you if she considers you to be worthy enough to be a good father or mother. Otherwise, werewolves can't have babies."

That makes sense. But even if it was possible and he would have been pregnant now, I would have obviously supported him. I love this boy to death and I've always wanted kids so I'm extremely happy that we can have a family of our own in the future. I can tell we are both cut out to be good parents.

I realize I haven't said anything so I cup Antonio's cheek in my hand and say,

"It's okay baby, it's okay. Just know that I will always be here for you, no matter what. I'm so sorry you had to go through that." I rest my forehead against his.

"I love you. I always will Antonio." I whisper.

"I love you too. More than you'll ever know." I look at him shocked when I hear his voice in my head. My heart melts at his sweet words.

"It is a mindlink, our mindlink. It was created by the two of us right after we mated." He explains with pink cheeks.

I want to coo at how adorable he can be sometimes.

I let out a genuine laugh, "I want to make something for your dads and you, to make you all feel better. I can bake you some brownies, how does that sound?"

He nods with a smile on his face. So I do just that. We leave his alpha suite hand in hand.

I baked some delicious brownies and chocolate chip cookies for the four of us using the pack house kitchen.

Once they were ready, we all went to relax by the pool at took our sweet snacks with us. There is so many beautiful flowers and trees I had never seen in my entire life, some of them even glow. I think the fairies are responsible for it. They did a wonderful job.

We happily ate our brownies and cookies while we talked about different stuff. Raven even showed me some photos of baby Antonio and told us stories from when he was little. At one point we were all laughing so hard we almost fell off our chairs.

I was so glad to see Antonio happy again. I promise to keep that beautiful smile on his face for as long as I can.