Chapter 19

Austin's POV

"Betas don't get a heat."

Matthew's words won't leave my mind, no matter how hard I try. Zac hasn't mentioned a thing about it, we always tell each other everything, I'm worried about him. He has been spacing out a lot lately and he's been acting kind of tense so it's as clear as day there's a problem.

It might not seem like such a big deal, but I can feel something's wrong. Zac is like a brother to me, so I'm gonna find out what is going on so I can help him.

I jump out of bed and run down the stairs, yelling goodbye to my mom who was watching a movie in the living room. Just as I was about to sprint to Zac's house, my phone makes a ding sound, which means I got a text.

I quickly pull it out of my pocket to see who's it from. Oh, speaking of the devil.

Zac
Can you please come to my house? There's something you need to know.

Me
On my way!

It's a good thing we live close to each other. Whatever it is that's going on, I'm sure we will figure it out.

________

"I'm going feral,"

Well fuck, I expected anything but that. This is worse than I thought.

"Don't panic just yet! Look, there's always been something wrong with my legacy. It did not happen to every Greene, but through generations some went feral after finding their mate. You could call it a curse.

It was different for each of them, some went feral after one week of being with their mate, others three weeks, and so on. It didn't happen to my mom, but it's happening to me. We have no clue why, but we do know that hybrid blood can cure me." He explains.

"Is Antonio aware of this?" All I receive back is silence. I groan frustratedly, what were they thinking, keeping something this important from us!?

"How long do we have to get you that hybrid blood?" I've heard hybrids are one of the most rare species to find, so there's no time to lose.

"The symptoms started showing up about three days ago so if we're lucky I have a week left." Seb says as he fidgets with his hands, he's scared and nervous. His voice is shaky and his breath uneven. Zac pulls his mate into him, hugging him and kissing his cheek to calm him down.

"What exactly are this symptoms you're talking about?" As soon as the words come out of my mouth, Seb's eyes start glowing. If I remember correctly, his eyes glowed a rich blue colour, they are now red. As red as blood.

"I guess that answers your question. Apart from that I can barely communicate with my wolf since yesterday." His eyes fill with tears as his voice cracks. God, this must be horribly difficult for him. His wolf is a great part of him, someone who has always been there for him.

We need to get him that cure and we need to get it now.

"Sebastian you have to talk to Antonio. We can come with you if you'd like." Zac nods his head in agreement as he wipes Seb's teared stained cheeks with his thumbs.

The problem had absolutely nothing to do with heats or ruts as I originally thought. I'm not sure if Seb still needs the mark, but I guess if he does it's not as urgent as it was with Antonio's case.

I mean, Antonio and Matt were feeling uneasy without my mark because the heat intensifies the need for your mate, but betas don't get a heat so it means the mark can wait. Either way, our priority is to find some hybrid blood and do it fast.

"We will tell him tomorrow, hopefully he won't whoop my ass if you guys are there with me." That pulls out a chuckle from the three of us, making the air around us feel a little less tense.

"Okay, tomorrow then. Zac, I'll wait for you outside." I want to give them some space.

I've never seen my best friend so worried and on edge, once he comes outside I put my hand on his shoulder and give him a reassuring squeeze, "Are you okay?"

"I am, thanks. I wanted to tell you sooner, I really did. But Seb wasn't ready and I had to respect that." He says.

"You don't have to worry about that, right now we must find that cure."

"You're right. But first, explain that mark close to your neck." Now it's my turn not say anything and stay in silence. I completely forgot a part of my mark is still visible, the collar of my shirt doesn't cover it completely since it's close to my neck.

I turn around with pink cheeks, "I'll see you tomorrow! Bye-bye now!" I hurriedly say as I dash out of there leaving Zac behind, who is standing with a stunned expression on the porch of his house.

I hear him gasp loudly before he says,"You totally did the act of darkness! Come back here and give me the details!"

And that's why I gotta get out of here before he starts perving out.

Thanks to the fact that I'm now part werewolf, I can run really fast and I couldn't be more grateful for that right now.

Antonio must be working right now, I really want to help him with the pack and whichever problems they are facing but he always tells me not to worry and that I should concentrate on my studies and dance lessons.

I let out a sigh as I kick a pebble down the street. I want to be more useful since I'm basically the Luna of the pack. I want them to see me as someone they can come to talk to, someone they can trust. I hope it'll be that way over time, maybe I'll be able to spend some quality time with them after graduation and bond with them before I go to college.

I wonder if Antonio is not going to college, his pack needs him and things could get out of control if he's gone most of the time. That means we will have to be apart when I go to college...

Will I be able to leave for college? The luna of a pack is just as important as the alpha, so if I attend college somewhere else, there won't be a Luna. But if Antonio is telling me to concentrate on my studies, that means he must know there's a possibility I'll leave right?

Dancing professionally has always been my dream. It's the reason why I've trained and studied so hard all these years, so I could get accepted into Juilliard.

I'm not being selfish for wanting to make my dreams come true, am I?

Relationships are all about commitment and trust, and Antonio and I have both of those things so as long as our hearts belong to each other everything should be fine, even if we chose different paths for some time.

If in the end I go and study abroad, I know some time apart won't affect what we have in a drastic way, we will come back to each other.