Golden

Reid PoV
I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. I had just gotten home after the case today and I was exhausted but I couldn't fall asleep, I couldn't get my mind of yn. I kept replaying our moments together from the day. It had only been one day. Was I insane to keep thinking about her, I mean it's in my genes. But she played on a loop in my head, my stomach flaring up everytime I thought of when she touched my shoulder and called me "Spence". It probably meant nothing to her, JJ calls me it all the time and so does Prentiss doesn't mean that they are in like me. God I am so stupid, I think to myself and I turn on my side and closed my eyes shut hard, determined to fall asleep. I laid there for a second, then sighed giving up already. I reached over to my side table and grabbed my headphone with my phone attached to them. I typed in the words "Harry Styles" into the search engine and clicked play. First song that came up was "Canyon Moon", I enjoyed it and imagine yn would too; I made mental notes of what I thought of each song and why I like them and why I thought yn would too. I did this for both albums.

As I was coming to the last of the songs, the sun was rising and my phone began to ring.
"Hello, this is Dr Spencer Reid", I said groggily

"Hey, it's JJ we've got another case", she said apolegitically.

"Already?", I ask hoping she was just playing some sick joke on me

"Sorry Spence", I told her not to worry and then hung up, I felt dead but I guess that is what I deserve for staying up all night listening to Harry Styles. I didn't really regret it to be very honest, I've stayed up all night doing worse things... like drugs. I laugh a little at myself and then I lift myself off of my bed and went to get a shower. I unplugged my headphones and played the last song I had left on the list, "Kiwi". I click play and it makes me jump as rock song blasts through my phone. I wouldn't have thought yn would listen to this but then again I didn't really know her.

I headed out the door with my travel mug filled with Coffee because god knows I needed it, along with several other cups. I hopped in my car, unbothered to walk in today and the traffic at this time of day is 32.7% less than usual so I would get work faster. As I was driving along the road that was slowly becoming lighter as the sunrised, I looked on the sidewalk to see a woman with her hair tied loosly in a low bun in a loose fitting shirt walking down the side. I recognise her instantly, I slowed the car and rolled down my window but she didn't notice has she had her headphones in. "y-yn", I shouted, learning across the car. She pulled out her headphones, confused until she saw me.

"oh h-hi", she replied back with a smile on her face.

"Do you want a ride?", I ask her.

"Um are you sure, you don't have too", she said sincerly.

"No don't worry, I want too", I gave her a smile and she pulled open the door and sat in the passenger seat. Once she closed the door I began driving again.

"So uh how are you?", she asked rather nervously and I could see in my peripheral vision that she was fiddling with her fingers which I noticed yesterday that she did a lot when ever she felt nervous. I didn't want her to feel nervous around me but I couldn't lie, she made me nervous too; not in the way I did around other people but I was more worried that I would say the wrong thing and she'd ,I don't know... run away.

"I'm good, a little tired, you?", I told her truthfully.

"Same", she said whilst laughing and then an awkward silence came over us so I did what I always do in these types of situations.

"Did you know that people who wear one ear phone in whilst walking are more likely to be a victim of a crime however those who were both earphones are 46% more likely to become kidnapped than the ones who only wear one?", I tell her and smile, although the smile is quickly wiped of my face as I realised what I just told her. But despite the fact I told her that her possibilities of being murder is high, she laughed.

"Thanks Reid, I feel super safe now but I guess it's lucky you picked me up... Unless your gonna kidnap me", she said seriously before laughing. Her laugh made me smile, it sounds sweet like candy.

"Well um if you are gonna get kidnapped it better be worth it, what were you listening to?", I asked her but not surprised when she said Harry Styles but what I couldn't understand why she'd be embarrassed to say it. It was obvious his music made her happy, you could tell by the fact her voice moved up a quater of an octave everytime she spoke about him. "What song were you listening too?"

"This one is called Golden", she replied, I remember liking that one, it felt like summer. "I could play it for you if you'd like?".

"Yeah, I've never heard it before", I lie but I wanted her to explain why she liked it and see the look on her face as she waits for me too react. "You can play it through the speaker if you want". She connect her phone and the first note plays, quiet at first and then suddenly 'Hey!', which yn mouthes making me smile. She taps along to the beat and smile as she leans back on the car seat. She joins in at the chorus as she can't help herself and if I thought her laugh was nice to listen to, her singing was even sweeter. I look over at her for a brief second and she was soaking up the morning sun and she was golden.

"Eyes on the road Reid", she says laughing and my head whips around and my cheeks burn. After the second chorus I lightly sing along with making her smile grow. The song comes to an end and yn turns her whole body to me. "Did you like it?"

"I did", I smile at her.

"Good, that's one of my favourite", she says happily.

"Why?", I asked her curiously, wanting to know all about it.

"I'm not sure really, it um just feels warm if that makes sense", she says, her eyebrows creased. I nodded in agreeement wondering if she was describing the feeling in my stomach that I had right now talking to her.

We arrived not a second later at the BAU and we headed to the third floor.

"Wow, Reid my man, coming in together, after the first day", Morgan said smiling.

"What?", I asked confused "Ah no, no it's not like that", I said after clicked what he was insenuating and I looked over to yn whose cheeks were flushed Pink and was looking at her feet.

"We um have the same route and uh he, Reid saw me walking and offered me a lift", she sturreted through her words obviously nervous and we make our way to be briefed.