Carolina

Warning: mention of sho*ting and b*mbing, nsfw

Y/n PoV

Going back to work after practically an entire weekend of kissing Reid was a lot harder than expected.

I never had a high school romance but I can imagine this is what it feels like. It was an all-consuming type of feeling, I think after trying to deny my feelings for so long just made them impossible to hide now that they were out in the open.

Since we decided to keep our relationship under wraps, it has made this ten times more exciting. When I say exciting I mean that my stomach is built with nervous energy as we drive into the car park. Trying to hide something from a room of profilers was going to be difficult.

"You're nervous", Reid states as he turns off the engine, facing to look at me.

"Are you not?", I ask him and he chuckles.

"Now I never said that. Look-", he places his hand on top of mine, his fingers tapping lightly against the back of my hand. "We've got this, you know. Those guys believed we were dating 5 months ago, we just act normal, and it will breeze right past them. Plus we are the only good profilers in there, a bunch of amateurs the rest of them".

I let out a loud laugh at the last statement and he smiles in response, clearly proud at his joke causing a good reaction. "I love your confidence. I really hope it's that easy, we've just got to act like we normally do. But if you ever want a kiss, just wink and I'll meet you in the storage closet", I smirk before hopping out of the car. I watch his mouth fall open as he tries to figure out whether I'm being serious or not. All I can think is that it might take him a while to do that because I don't even know if I was being serious.

"Morning you two", Morgan lifts up his cup of coffee as a greeting.

"Hiya", I say and I can immediately notice the higher pitch in my voice. "Um...", I cleared my throat, "So what did you guys get up to yesterday?"

"Nothing much, just me, Sergio and my addiction to online scrabble baby", Emily flashes us a big grin.

"I made big progress on my newest knitting project, that hat for Henry is gonna be done in no time. And he is going to be so god damn adorable", Garcia says smiling wildly before sipping from her octopus mug.

"Well, talking about Henry, Will and I had a great break from the kids", JJ inputs and Morgan immediately takes the chance to put in a side remark. "We saw Y/n actually, ice skating in the town square"

"Yeah", I nod, aware of everyone's eyes on me.

"God, I would've paid good money to see genius flailing around the ice", Morgan laughs.

"Jokes on you, I wasn't actually there", Reid fires back quickly and I try desperately not to make direct eye contact with him.

"Huh", Derek shifts his gaze between Spence and me then swivels around in his chair to look at JJ who nods, confirming our lie.

"What?", I glared at him. He wasn't buying it but I knew what to do. "Am I not allowed to do anything by myself Morgan? Is it because I'm a woman?", I ask him, my voice thick with over-the-top sarcasm. I can hear Reid snicker next to me at Morgan's mouth which is gaped open.

"We got him girls", Emily chimes in, adding in a police siren impression. "A sexist in amongst us this whole time"

"So disappointing", JJ clicks her tongue, shaking her head and I can't help the stifled laugh I left out.

"Woah woah, since when did this become a thing?", he holds his hands up in defence.

"I don't care what you are, you're always welcome in my arms chocolate thunder", Pen winks.