Chapter 20

~*Angelo's P. O. V*~

Ricky, Ghost, Balz, Ryan, and I were in the kitchen when we heard Rebel scream,"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!"

We all ran into the living room where she was still screaming and crying.

"Emily! What's wrong!?" I asked.

She handed me her phone and fell to her knees.

It was a text from Chris that said:

I found Alex at Hunter's and Skylar's in the bathroom. She cut herself bad. I had to call an ambulance. She's at Mercy General Hospital, I'm in the waiting room.

I dropped her phone, got the keys to the expedition and yelled,"EVERYONE GET IN THE CAR!"

We all ran out of the house, got in the vehicle and drove off.

"Wanna tell us what's going on!?" Ricky demanded.

"Yeah, what's up!?" Ryan intruded.

"....Alex is in the hospital," I choked out.

I could see their faces in the mirror, they were all in shock. Ghost had an arm around Emily trying to comfort her.

I can't believe my best friend, my sister, was in the hospital with self inflicted wounds, possibly....dying.

A huge knot grew in my throat, but I swallowed it down when I pulled into the hospital parking lot. The car clock said it was 5:07.

We jumped out of the car and into the lobby where we saw Chris sitting in a chair with his face down in his hands.

"Chris!" I called.

He didn't move an inch.

We all sat down next to him and waited.

*HOURS LATER*

When I checked the time again, it was 9:00. Chris hadn't moved or spoken since we got here.

A nurse in a mint green uniform came in and asked,"Christopher Cerulli?"

He looked up and said,"Yes."

"Alexandria is out of surgery. You may see her now, but she isn't awake yet," she said, directing him to follow her.

He got up and they walked away.

"She's okay," Ricky assured, patting my shoulder.

"Thanks Rick," I replied.

Rebel laid her head down on my shoulder. I looked at her, her eyes were a little blood shot from her tears and her under eyes were red and puffy.

I put my arm around her and kissed the top of her head.

The rest of us just waited.

~*Chris' P. O. V*~

I was hesitant walking down the hall. What if I can't bare to look at her?

"Alright, here we are," the nurse said, opening the door, letting me in.

Her room was small, two white walls and two blue walls, no windows, a few paintings, and four chairs against the wall.

The nurse then left and shut the door, giving me privacy.

I slowly walked to Alex's bed. She laid there unconscious, her eyes had dark circles, her skin was almost as white as the sheets, her body was skinner than when I last saw her, and her arms were wrapped in bandaging. I stood beside her and ran my knuckles down her cheek, her skin was so cold.

I dropped to my knees and buried my face into the bed.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered into the blanket.

This is all my fault, I did this to her. She'll never forgive me. A tear fell from my eyes at the thought of losing her forever.

I grabbed one of the chairs by the wall, pulled it to Alex's bed side and sat there, staring at her.

Tan gauze ran from her forearm to her wrist on both of her arms.

"I'll be right here when you wake up," I whispered to her.

*ONE HOUR LATER*

After sitting in her room for an hour, Angelo, Ghost, Balz, Ryan, Ricky, and Rebel came in to see her. Rebel could barely look at her, Angelo's face was heart broken, Ryan, Ghost, Balz, and Ricky looked absolutly blank.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Balz asked, sitting in one of the chairs on the other side of the room.

"A doctor came in a little while ago. He said she'll wake up within the next few days," I replied, grabbing Alexandria's cold, unmoving hand.

"A few days? Geez," Ryan commented.

Rebel came over to the other side of Alex's bed and stared at her like I did when I first came in.

"She looks so helpless," she said in a small voice.

Angelo came beside Rebel, put his arm around her, and stared at Alex as well.

All we could do was just look at her.

After a few hours, Rebel and all the guys, besides Angelo left. Him and I stayed with Alex.

"I officially hate myself," I admitted randomly to Angelo.

"Chris, you didn't mean what you said. It was a mistake, even Alex knows that. She loves you, she'll forgive you" he said, pulling a chair next to me.

I laughed a little and said,"I almost killed her. She wont forgive me."

He sighed and answered,"I've known her since tenth grade, she's like my sister. I know her well enough to know that she's crazy for you and doesn't want anyone else. Like I said, she's in love with you."

I squeezed Alex's hand and said,"I know."

Angelo eventually fell asleep, I never did though. I stayed up all night, just watching to see if she would wake up.

*FOUR DAYS LATER*

Rebel, Ricky, Ryan, Balz, Ghost, and Angelo went to the hospital cafeteria to get something to eat, I couldn't leave. I haven't since day one.

I laid the side of my face on Alexandria's chest and held her hand, like I had been for days. Minute after minute, I stayed where I was.

Suddenly, I felt a cool hand slightly touch the top of my head. I looked up and saw Alex's eyes that I'd missed so much were finally open.