Chapter 19

(continue playing Who Am I To Say by Hope)

~*Chris' P. O. V*~

I pulled into Sky and Hunter's apartment complex, turned the car off and ran to their door.

After knocking a few times, I turned the knob and the door opened. Unlocked? Geez, those two are ASKING to get robbed.

I checked the living room, Skylar and Hunter's room, then Alexandria's room.

When I walked in there, it was a rocker's paradise. Posters, music, albums, even records. She wasn't in here though. Did they leave?

When I walked out of Alex's room, I could hear something crash onto the floor in the next room. The bathroom?

I opened the door, and there she was.

Alex, on the tile floor with blood all over her.

"ALEXANDRIA!"

I dropped down to the floor on my knees and picked her head up to look at her.

"Alex! Alex! Can you hear me!?"

She didn't respond.

CLINK

Something small and metal dropped from her hand and onto the floor next to her. I reached over and picked up a blade.

"Oh my god," I mumbled.

I pulled out my phone and quickly called 9-11

"9-11 what is your emergency?"

"I found my girlfriend laying on the bathroom floor. She......she cut herself and she's bleeding everywhere."

"Was it an accident?"

".....no."

"Where are you?"

"Lakeshire Apartment Complex, apartment 7B."

"Alright, we are sending an ambulance now. Stay with her and try to keep pressure on her cuts to stop the bleeding."

The person hung up.

I did what I was told and reached for towels under the sink. I wrapped them around her arms, pulled her into my lap and looked at her.

My whole world is laying here, losing blood and it's MY fault.

"Chris?...." Alex asked quietly.

Her voice whispered so low, I was surprised I could hear it.

"Alex," I said, squeezing her hand.

"I love you...." she managed to say.

I smiled a little at her with tears in my eyes and kissed her head.

She never said another word after that.

After ten minutes, paramedics came into the apartment. I carefully lifted her up, laid her down on the stretcher they brought in, and they carried her off.

"Are you related to her?" a male paramedic asked as he got inside the truck.

"Yeah, she's my wife," I lied.

He gestured me in, I got in the ambulance and they drove off.

The whole way to the hospital was honestly the scariest ride of my life. Seeing them check her vitals, her heart meter beeping, which I was terrified would go flat.

"Sir, you have blood all over you," female paramedic said.

I snapped from my thoughts and looked at myself to see my shirt and arms covered in blood.

"Here."

She tossed me a black hoodie that read "GENERAL MERCY HOSPITAL" in white across the back. Why'd she have that? I have no idea. I put the jacket on to cover myself and the ambulance came to a stop.

The doors opened and Alex was pulled out, with me right beside her.

She was wheeled into the E.R. for surgery.

I couldn't go with her and I knew that.

I sat in a chair in the hall instead.

"I have to tell the guys and Em," I mumbled.