Chapter 11: Casing the Jewel Store

Micheal parked his car at Darnell Bros and gets out the car to make his way to meet up Lester. Micheal walks up the stairs to see Lester waiting for him. 

Micheal: The hell is this place? 

Lester: A garment factory. I needed a job that didn't require me to do anything apart from, uh, paying taxes. 

As Lester makes it in the office, Micheal walks in and motions Lester as he is ready to cut to the chase on why this is happening. 

Micheal: Hey, listen... 

Lester: Shh-shh-shh. 

Lester motions his head for Micheal to close the door so no one can hear as Micheal closed the door and looks at his old friend. 

Micheal: What have you got? 

Lester: The Holy Grail. The Union Depository. Now, they say it cannot be hit. Hasn't been yet. 

Micheal: Look, I just owe some Mexican hood a couple of million bucks 'cause I wrecked his girlfriend's house. I don't need to go crazy here. 

Lester: Which Mexican?

Micheal: Martin Madrazo.

Lester: He's not supposed to be very nice. 

Micheal: Oh. when I met him he was charming.

Lester laughs under his breath as Micheal keeps his eye on Lester. . . 

Micheal: So what do you think? 

Lester: Oh, erm, Let's see, either we hit a bank in the sticks, or we do a store. Which do you like? 

Micheal: Well... a store's usually easier, But I gotta make a big take. 

Lester: Well, gems it is, then. Let's go to Vangelico, buy ourselves an engagement ring. 

Micheal: And we're gonna need a crew. I can round up some of the old guys? 

Lester: There are no old guys, Moses, ironically, he found Jesus. All those Irish crazies, they mostly just disappeared. That crew from the south, they all went down. There was a, an eastern European guy making moves in Liberty City, but... nah, he went quiet. 

Lester opens the door and soon enough, Lester and Micheal were exiting out of Darnell Bros as Micheal opens his mouth. 

Micheal: Alright. Well we're gonna need a crew. You got any contacts in LS or not? 

Lester: I've been working with someone but they're too unpredictable. I'll have to reach out to some other guys. 

Micheal gets in the car and waits for Lester as he starts the engine and Lester tells Micheal where to go. 

Lester: We're going to Little Portola. 

As Micheal gets in the road and drives to where Little Portola is, Lester begins to speak with Micheal. 

Lester: Your FIB buddies. they, uh, know you're back in business? 

Micheal: FIB buddies? What're you talking about? 

Lester: I checked out the WPP thing. It doesn't look like any WitSee program I'm aware of. For starters, they don't put witnesses up in multi million dollar mansions in Rockford Hills. 

Micheal: Maybe they thought this would be the best cover.

Lester: And most witnesses don't transfer five figures sums into a particular FIB agent's bank account every month. Of course, the money gets moved around and washed through a number of fronts, but the trail is there. Deposits and withdrawals, the same sum, Every month. Agent Dave Norton. White middle-aged divorcee. Unremarkable career except for one incident: The shooting of a notorious stick up man, Michael Townley.