Chapter 8: Friend Request

Michael has arrived to the house that belonged to a former friend, Lester. He approach to the front door with the barking of a far away dog filled the silence as Michael knocks on Lester's front door and, noticing the camera, looks into the camera. Michael responds back by giving the double finger to the camera.

Michael: Fuck you, Lester. You gonna let me in or what?

Lester: Gimme a minute.

Lester unlocks the door and Michael walks in to find Lester at his computer...

Lester: I was wondering when you'd show up.

Michael: I was dead.

Lester: Praise be! I guess you weren't very dead. You... need my help.

Lester makes his wheelchair roll back as Michael takes a seat on a nearby couch...

Michael: How do you know?

Lester: 'Cause you came here. Why else would you?

Lester gets up with the help of a cane as he gently walks to Michael as he talks to him...

Michael: I haven't been a good friend for you, Lester. I know that.

Lester: And you're gonna make it up to me by doing whatever I ask.

Michael looks at Lester and gets up from the couch like he is really tired of Lester already and about to take his anger out of him as Lester takes a step back.

Lester: Or rather, I-I mean... I need something done, you need to know something, so, why not help each other?

Michael: I gotta make some dough.

Lester: So you're back in the game?

Michael: I guess. Look, Lester, about what happened before...

Lester: I know you never mentioned my name. I know I'm not on any lists anywhere. I know you never betrayed me. As for you, you gotta figure that I never told anyone. That instead of gently decomposing in North Yankton, you're angrily decomposing in Los Santos with a shrink... and a wife who don't love you no more.

Michael: Yeah... yeah, well. Since you put it like that.

Before Michael could continue on, a alarm went off in Lester's computer as Lester was on his wheelchair and moves over to the computer. 

Lester: Hey, shut up a minute. I'm getting an Eyefind alert. That little college boy, sack of shit, phony, fuck!

Michael: Who? Jay Norris?

Lester: Yes. That fuck is a lying bastard. I've read his fucking emails, he's a fucking cheat.

Michael: I-I-I heard him say that he saved America...

Lester: What? By outsourcing all the jobs? By selling us little bits of plastic, restricted-access shit? Well now it's payback time, you lying turd.

Michael: The hell are you talkin' about?

Lester: You are about to get that white collar gig that you always dreamed of, Mikey. Here, take this err, fashionably retro, 'weird-for-a-forty-five-year-old-man-but-I-cannot-let-go-of-the-1980's bag, and dress yourself up like a billionaire math genius with low level Asperger's. 

Lester rolls over to the computer while looking at the alarm that shows what Jay Norris has done.

Lester: You better be ready for the minor glitch of your repulsive pseudo-messianic life.