Melanin dripping embarrassment (21)

AN: Please vote for this chapter

XXXXXXX

Kapinga POV

"So, Kapinga, the Friday Night Market is where we are going first. Then we will go to Ubuntu to have dinner and some fun," Mishka said to me as we all walked down the muddy road. The beautiful thing about summer is that it gets dark very late so, even though it was well past six, the sun was only beginning to set now. The further we walked from the school, the more anxious I became. I mean yes, I wanted to see Kalambayi but I had no idea what I was going to say to him.

Also, I felt like deep down, the reason I kept pushing myself onto Kalambayi was because I wanted to forget about the prince. It was pointless of me to sit and daydream about this guy all day when he most definitely did not grant me a second thought. But then again, he did say that he liked me? He uttered the words I always dreamt of hearing from him. Nonetheless, he is still a jerk and could have been pulling a prank on me then. One final blow before I left. And boy it worked because I am still hurt. I always thought that when I would hear those words, I would swoon and fall in love right there and then. But when he said them, I all but hated hearing them. It felt like the words were mocking me.

The words, "Kapinga, where are you at?" brought me back to reality. It is annoying how all my thoughts, no matter where they start, always end up back at the Prince. This is why I need to move on and Kalambayi is one way to do it. "What guys?" I responded when the whole squad suddenly stopped walking. I of course in my autopilot state had walked on and then realised they were not moving after I turned around and saw all three girls glaring at me.

"We asked if you have a boyfriend?" Mado said and then went on to place her hands on her hips in the I am waiting for an answer pose. It was about time that the girls asked me this question. Mishka is engaged. I have not met the fiancé yet, but she sounds so in love. Amanda has a boyfriend who she has been with for many years now. Apparently, they lived close together and were friends. Until one drunken day where they shared a hot, passionate kiss. That was 3 years ago, and the couple is still going strong today. Amanda says the only reason she is not engaged is because she told her guy that she wants to complete her schooling first.

Mado on the other hand is known for her no commitment. She does not want a relationship. She prefers 'the chase' and as soon as she gets the guy to fall for her, she gets bored very quickly and moves on to her next conquest. As I look at my friends, I realise that it all makes sense. Mado is without a doubt the most gorgeous girl I have seen. She has the figure of an hourglass. God blessed her in both breasts and behind. And her waist is so tiny whereas her thighs could make even the most righteous man sin.

"I am single?" I asked-answered. I never had a boyfriend. I mean, I have not even had my first kiss yet. Call me old-fashioned but I am a hopeless romantic. I want a guy to work to get me. I want to be romanced like in the movies. I want my first kiss to be memorable and with someone I connect with. So, I am in no rush to get married soon honestly. Besides, I am too young to get married now.

"Well then, you and Mado might just meet people today?" Mishka said making weird eyes at me as she began walking again. The girls then went on to talking about make-up and clothing that they wanted to get at the market. I quietly listened as they spoke chiming in with a 'yeah or definitely' every now again to make the girls think I was listening to the conversation as I kept my eyes on the ground. I was never one for small talk anyways.

"So, what do you think Kapinga?" Amanda said next to me excitedly. I then looked up and saw that we had arrived at the market. Well, at the entrance of the market. And oh my, the market was nothing short of beautiful. The tables were aligned in a row under the trees. And within the branches of each tree were countless fireflies giving the Market a romantic glow as they gave us light.