Melanin dripping Got Ya!(40)

AN: please vote for the chapter

Xxxxxxx

Muamba POV

As soon as the palace gates opened up, I felt relief wash over me. Since, I left Evet on Friday, I was on edge. I had no idea what would be awaiting me when I got back home. Especially with Kapinga leaving in the middle of the night for some emergency.

"Welcome back your highness," the two guards who opened the door said simultaneously. I was not focused on the guards greeting me as my eyes wondered all over the palace looking for this emergency. But everything seemed to be normal from what I was witnessing. As soon as I was off my horse and entered the gates, the two guards bowed their heads in submission. Off the corner of my eye I saw maids running off and behind walls. But it did not seem like there was an emergency. It simply looked like the norm whenever I left the palace for something.

"May I take your luggage, my prince?" asked a new guard already removing the saddle I had swung over my chest.

"Thank you," I replied to the guard and smiled. However, it seemed that my kind gesture scared the guard as he rushed to get away from me as soon as he had grabbed a hold of the bag.

"I decided to take my time walking into the palace as I wanted to give my family and the maids enough time to stand by the doors to welcome me home. As I strolled, I noticed that I had two guards tailing me. They were very good at their job that had I not been trained I would not see them following me. I was about to make them aware that I could tell they were following me when I realised that I had taken the path that leads to the sunflower garden.

Before I could even think it through, I started walking to the garden. I could vividly remember the day I walked in on Kapinga and the kids having a sunset picnic in the garden. It was the most radiant I had seemed Kapinga's skin. The yellow of the sunflowers, matched very well with her skin tone. But before I could even enter the garden, I heard the words, "Welcome back, my prince."

"Aunt Martha," I replied before even fully turning around. I could distinguish her voice from anywhere.

"What are you doing here son? We have been waiting for you to come through the doors?" Aunt Martha asked. Instead of responding to her, I closed the distance between us and hugged her. This action took her by surprise, but soon enough Aunt Martha returned the gesture.

"I missed you too," I said and I finally let go to see her reaction to my words. Aunt Martha just looked at me emotionless for a few seconds and then her lips curved upwards.

"Come on, you do not want to keep Amina waiting," She said and started walking to the entrance. So, I followed her close behind.

"Can I ask you something?" I said. I don't know why but for some reason I was nervous to ask the question.

"You going to ask anyways son, so go ahead," Aunt Martha said as she kept walking beside me.

Before I could chicken out of asking I said, "What was the emergency?" I did not bother trying to elaborate because I knew that Aunt Martha and my father were good friends. So, she must have known about this emergency with Kapinga.

"Kapinga told you?" Aunt Martha said finally stopping and turning to face me. She did not seem surprised about this fact though, so I decided to go with her reasoning and nodded.

Aunt Martha then smiled once again but this time it was as if she knew something that I did not. "The king found my sister, Kapinga's mother. She is inside," She said. Then her eyes were now no longer looking at me although they remained on me. I could see the sadness seep through them as they welled with unshed tears. Aunt Martha then looked away from me and said, "The... the things...the things they have done to her. She is in so much pain and there is nothing any of us can do to help her," Aunt Martha said as the tears rolled.

I then moved forward to hug her in comfort but she gently placed a hand on my chest stopping me from closing the distance and hugging her, "Please stop. I cannot do this right now, besides Amina really cannot wait to see you," she said and tried to smile through her tears.

So, I held Aunt Martha's hand and we silently walked the rest of the distance to the entrance. Kapinga's mother is still alive. That should have been a good thing. But somehow, it was not. I was so lost in thought that I did not see Amina running towards me until she jumped onto me.

"Brother you finally back!" she shouted as she held onto me for dear life.

"Hey there my angel," I said back lifting her up until she sat on my hip. I then started pampering her with kisses all over her face.

"Stop it, eewww, stop it, please stop!" she fought against my hold, but I refused to let go. I loved annoying her with kisses.

"I am a big girl now, stop treating me like a baby!" Amina shouted in frustration.

I then immediately stopped kissing her face and looked her dead in the eyes while pulling on my most serious face, "Listen to me little one, even when your hair turns all grey and your skin crinkles, you will still be my baby sister." Then I went back to plastering her with kisses again. After a few moments of me kissing her and her bickering, I had to put Amina down because she was too heavy. As soon as her feet hit the ground, she ran into the palace and screamed, "Come find me!"

I waited for a few seconds before I entered the palace in hopes of giving her more time to hide. Then I entered the palace. The maids were always very helpful whenever I had to play hide and seek with Amina. So, as soon as I got in I looked to the first maid. She did not say anything. Instead she glanced to the stairs and that was all the clue I needed.

After getting upstairs, I heard a door shut down the left corridor. This was odd because the left corridor was empty. Well, there were many rooms, but they were guest rooms that were often empty and more importantly locked. Nonetheless, I went down the left corridor. I walked past many doors which all were locked when I tried to open then. But then when I got to the fourth door, I saw that it was slightly ajar.

I immediately swung the door open with full force and shouted, "Got ya!" Only to find my father, the king, bending down and kissing some woman who was lying in the bed.

Xxxxxx

Qoc: Cheating? why do you think people don't break up with their significant others before cheating?

Xxxxx