Melanin dripping home visit (44)

Prince Muamba POV

After my talk with dad yesterday, I had gone to find Michael. He and I had some things we needed to butter out. We ended up spending the rest of the afternoon together catching up. As soon as Micheal told me that he had not even gotten as much as a hug from Kapinga I had all but forgiven him. I was still annoyed with his tactics of getting me jealous to realise that I liked Kapinga but had to admit that they did work in terms of opening my eyes.

This morning, I decided to skip breakfast and head straight to find her. As far as my knowledge went, knowledge I acquired from Mukendi, Kapinga was still residing with Aunt Martha. Ever since the funeral though, she had not once come to the palace. So, I was going to meet her at her home this time around.

As I walked in the streets, there were very few people up and about already. Many of which did not recognise me thanks to the oversized coat, sunglasses and hat I was sporting on today. This allowed me to roam the city free of females trying to catch my attention. My two assigned guards were walking next to me dressed as commoners while there were other others scattered all around us.

I personally had never seen Aunt Martha's place before. So, I had no idea where we were going to. But one of the guards ahead of us knew where we were going. When they reached the house, they stopped at the entrance for a few seconds and the dropped their hat at the gate and then walked on like nothing happened, that was the indication I asked for to know which house it was.

So when I reached the gate shortly after, I immediately opened it and went into the yard. It was my first time here so my brain was taking everything in for the first time. There was a beautiful garden in the front yard. On the left side of the gate was the flowers and plants while on the right there was spinach farms and in the corner, I could see a tomato tree. The garden reminded me a lot about Evet. I actually missed the place.

After some more minutes of admiring the place, I finally walked forwards towards the door. I then knocked on the door quietly. I was both nervous and excited as I waited for the door to open. I had no idea what exactly I was going to say, But I was determined this time to get my message across. Third time is a charm after all.

After a few moments of silence, I then knocked on the door a little harder this time. In my head, I started wondering if I had come too late. Kapinga could have decided to not tell Mukendi that she was leaving. At these thoughts my anxiety grew within me. After all, I had a month before my coronation and time was of the essence. I was so lost in thought that I did not hear the gate behind me open until

"Who are you?" Pulled me out of my spiral. I turned around and came face to face with Kapinga. She was standing at the gate holding her stance steady but I could see the fear wavering in her eyes. Then I remembered that I was still disguised so I quickly removed my hat and sunglasses. As soon as I did so, I saw the relief flood Kapinga's features. Then it was quickly replaced with curiosity. But she did not say anything.

Instead Kapinga started walking towards me. For some reason we both kept looking at each other all this while. Until she came and stood in front of me. My body was bubbling in excitement at our close proximity when Kapinga moved to close the distance between us. As a result I took moved forwards to meet her half way. This was going so much better that I had expected. But the I head the click of the key in the door and Kapinga had moved past me and into the house.

Frustrated but not yet done, I turned around and followed her into the house. 

XXXXXXXX

QOC: We are almost at the end of this book guys, So I just want to say thank you very much for reading the book until this far. I appreciate it very much.

And this time you can ask me any question you want to ask, And I will try to be as honest as I can be. Just pop your question in the comment's section and I will get back to you as soon as I can:)

XXXXXX