r e n e g a d e

She was welcomed by the unlikely silence around the house the moment she stepped outside her room

        She was welcomed by the unlikely silence around the house the moment she stepped outside her room. Jeongyeon stood there, with the memories clinging at the edges of her mind that one night with him, dancing with a ballad song in the meadow. Softly, a small smile of happiness creeps to her lips, even she didn't notice.

        Jeongyeon went down the stairs only to be greeted again by the quietness of the air. Normally, she would see him here, either waiting for her or talking with Jinyoung or eating breakfast, probably almost anyone can do. But today, it surprised her, now that his presence is all that she asks for.

        Just having him beside her makes her... feel special.

       "Jimin?" She called, remembering they have day shifts in the café.

        Jeongyeon passed the main door and into the entrance, he wasn't there. When she came back inside once again, she saw Jinyoung at the counter, near the sink, his back facing her which at the first time she hadn't noticed. She clings towards the frame.

        "Morning." She greeted with a smile. "Have you seen Jimin around?"

        His brother answered with a low 'no' then faced her with a plate of fruits.

        "Oh." Jeongyeon cooed with a pout. "He must still have been sleeping. That's odd, don't you think? He doesn't normally wake up that... late." She paused then a shade of oddness covered her petite face. "Never mind. I'll check him in his room."

        With that, the mortal ascended the stairs but even for the second time Jinyoung called her name to get her attention—to tell her of something important, he ended looking at her knocking several times on his room, only to receive nothing in return. Not a grant of permission or a soft answer of voice behind. Jeongyeon squinted her eyes in disbelief but finding out the knob of door isn't locked, she silently proceeded inside, lowly calling his name.

        "Jimin—" She stopped; her eyes wandered around the second she stepped in. The lights were on, the curtains were dragged closed and his bed... his bed was empty.

        A thundering thud on her chest took a glimpse of worry in her eyes, or she might be a little anxious? She wasn't just used of him not being around, if Jeongyeon will be honest, she stays with him closer than Jinyoung these past months. And not being able to see any of his shadows or just a tiny part of him, makes her feel... incomplete.

        "That idiot." She stumped. "He could have said if he's headed to the café early in the morning. I shouldn't have been looking for him like a lunatic."

        Jeongyeon made her way in the kitchen to quench her thirst for a moment before going to her work. She was too preoccupied by his absence and how much it tickled her, she could feel the uneasiness on her skin. She hadn't noticed Jinyoung was standing there all this time, watching her every expression, watching her sister looking for someone that had already fled away.