c h o i c e

He can't bear longer see his illness state, that every time he knocks on the door, he is to see the same peering sadness in his eyes and hear the desperation in his voice and pleas of his unending struggle

He can't bear longer see his illness state, that every time he knocks on the door, he is to see the same peering sadness in his eyes and hear the desperation in his voice and pleas of his unending struggle. He had never seen this side of Taehyung-this forsaken love he has for her was engraved deeply. That between the choices, he was pleading for one thing he ever wanted. One thing he ever asked for.

"Tell me you can bring back her memories, Namjoon."

The look in his eyes had already told him he hadn't slept for a while or hadn't slept entirely. Or was it because of the tears he shed? Or the hopelessness of what he felt?

"You already know the answer, Taehyung." Namjoon knelt in front, taking with all the patience he had to make him see it was of no use.

"Why can't you?" He asked in a murmured voice, trying so hard not to break apart from his masked demeanor. "I don't see any reason why you can't. You are the king, you can do anything, don't you?"

"There are things I am no control of."

"And what is that?"

"Memories can be only brought back by the same person who erased them."

The words heavily dwelled on him. And as if it all answered his queries, Taehyung had finally found the reason to give up. The only one thing he had taken hold of was already set upon the flames and was burned into ashes. Maybe, that is why... that is why...

"You've brought back your memories, yourself." Namjoon downright said. "Because it is you who had decided to forget. And for her..."

She can't.

Why?

Because Jinyoung's dead.

He had never thought to himself to ever feel this helpless-had never thought the use of his power to go to waste. Jimin had been strangled by the idea, that even with the perseverance to do something, he finds himself powerless in the inevitable situation. He had remained unstirred on his seat, watching Taehyung from the gloomiest light, on the bed looking as if he was in a deep slumber.

It had been a couple of days since the moment they brought him here, in the infirmary and within that span of lengthening time, they had constantly looked for answers, but now that he was given one, it was his explicit amount of denial that pulled him into this kind of suffering, suffering he had built for himself.

Jimin should have healed him, the time he was knocked unconsciously on his room. But even he was in a plausible shape to pull his magic together, to do what he is sought to do, it was as if the world had planned a lethal fate between them.

The prince was drowned in his unending thoughts, wary of the other's arrival, but the second he turned towards the movement of the shadows, it was Namjoon who received a greeting.