d e f e a t e d

Seven princes

        Seven princes. One who ascended to the throne.

        They were blessed with innate powers and abilities. Basing on their personalities differed their magic. Some of knowledge and some for war. Some for mischief and some for fun. As they grew up, they have able to use these gifts to their advantages. They had strengthened, enough to protect their selves and their home.

        The rays of the sun spread through the realm like sheets—it was golden in the sky. The kingdom hummed in magic... use of powers and mystic arts. It felt cold and electrifying. It lighted in various colors and it smelt of burning wood, strong and bold.

        All were prepared, the training ground were battled up with various weapons, in different sizes and functions. There, at the elevated center of the ground, numerous chairs were placed side by side, wherein, high-ranked judges and seniors in battle training will decide whom, of the seven princes, will succeed every round.

        It had been so long since they last stepped into the training grounds with audiences around them. It was years ago. And now, the entire pressure, it squeezed them. They were only given a day of practice, perhaps, it wasn't enough time.

        The princes stood with their heart pounding.

       The first pair—Yoongi and Hoseok occupied the center aisle, with a wide distance between them. The other princes watched them in pure seriousness, eyeing through the horizon.

        Jimin swallowed. The wounds that laid on his skin vanished, as if it hadn't been injured. His eyes were painted with firmness of purpose. He is afraid, he doesn't know if he has the capability... but he has to do this right—to win, at least, it is the only thing that kept him stay. If not, he has nothing to lose anymore. He had to prove himself there are still reasons for another chance.

        Namjoon, the present King, feels the heaviness of the tension. He could see they were all competitive to fight.

       He raised his arm to give a signal. The two princes followed their gazes.

       It had begun.

       The second line to the throne, Min Yoongi, was the first one to make a move. He raced, vigorous footsteps resonated, and swiftly threw a metal spear towards his opponent. Hoseok dodged away, daggers visibly flickered in his fingers, in both of his hands. He thrusted them at the other prince's direction. Again, Hoseok conjured weapons in his hand.

       And again. Constantly, throwing them sharply. Yoongi raised both of his arms, padded with metal armor, to protect him. Loud chimes were heard as the pointing edges of the daggers surfaced against his armor.

        Yoongi summoned his powers—of wind and cold. And formed a large fortress of ice that remained a barrier between them. It broke in thousands of pieces. Shade of purple surrounded the ice and Hoseok held his right hand in the air, shed of purple waves stretching at his fingertips.