Chapter 7

Wang Yibo's POV

I can only stare in horror at the current situation, why? Why is this happening again?

"You think you can just walk in here pretending you're so important!? You're really sad and pathetic! How much did you pay for a famous actor to pretend to be your man, huh?!" Every single word felt like one slap after another, my fingers curled up into a fist, before this I would just keep quiet and feel numb to all this pain, but today I am not the old me!

Enough is enough!

I raised my head in defiance, finally facing this monster of a manager, I couldn't see or think anything, but all I wanted was to see him shatter just like I did, "SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP! You think you own this world just because your position is higher here! But you have such a fragile ego that you stoop to bullying others! SO WHO'S THE REAL PATHETIC ONE HERE!" My chest heaved up and down and the room was in deadly silence.

The monster stared at me in shock and that was about time I finally said those things inside his face. But suddenly his face grew red with anger, he closed the distance between us, breathing hard.

"YOU DARE CALL ME PATHETIC! I don't care if your little boy toy is here because I am going to shut that insolent mouth of yours anyways!" As if in slow motion, I saw his hand rising high to strike me, and I put both my hands up to protect myself.

No! Stand up for yourself, damn it! My body was working against my brain. I squeezed my eyes shut and braced myself for the incoming hit, someone, anyone just please get me out of here.

Behind my shut eyes, I could feel hot tears starting to form, "DON'T YOU DARE TO TOUCH HIM!" A different loud voice echoes, I opened my eyes to see Zhan holding back the manager's hand.

"Why, you! I don't care how important you are! Unhand me right now!" The manager screamed at Zhan while fresh hot tears trailed down my cheeks.

"Really? Then I guess you don't care if I have your place go out of the business!" I listened to Zhan's calm voice, closing my eyes, slowly cradling myself.

"Hah! Your pretty threat doesn't scare me, pretty boy, you've got no proof at a-" I opened my eyes when he didn't finish his sentence.

Zhan was holding a phone to show a video recording, I gasped when I realized it was a video of what just happened, the manager's face completely went pale while Zhan replied with a challenging smirk that made me smile a little.

"What do you think of my pretty threat now?" Zhan crossed his arms, putting his phone away from the manager's sight.

"H-Hold for a minute! Surely we can talk this out first," but Zhan shoved him aside, helping me get off the wall.

"Can you stand?" I tried my best, but my legs were far too shaky to do so, "just hang onto me," I clung onto his arms, and his warmth made me feel strangely safe.

"Please get me out of here . . ." I pleaded in a throaty voice, I couldn't read the look in his eyes, but he complied, he pulled me closer to his side and we walked out of the restaurant together.

"W-Wait! We haven't discussed this!" Zhan looked behind us with the most shivering glare I had ever seen, his grip on my shoulder tightened as his voice dropped to an ice-cold tone that he didn't even use to me, "we're done here."

In just a few minutes we were driving away from the restaurant, but my entire body still wouldn't stop shaking from the event.

The car ride is silent like usual, but this time I'm thankful for it, I looked out of the window, blinking back hot tears, my eyes gave up in the end and I burst out crying, "why did it happen?" I screamed in frustration at my own weakness. I don't dare to look in Zhan's way when I was such a complete mess, so I looked out of the window again.