Chapter 5

Wang Yibo's POV

*Growl*

I patted my stomach while walking down the stairs faster, arriving at the place my jaw almost dropped by seeing all the beautiful and polished kitchen, the stove even looked brand new or considering the thought maybe unused, and of course unpayable if it was for me.

Immediately after, my attention shifted to the huge white fridge standing in the corner, I walked up to it only to discover that there were only some eggs and sauce bottles inside. He must eat a lot outside.

And after opening some more cupboards I also found some brown bread, perfect! At least I could make a scrambled egg sandwich, and my stomach was seeking something to fill.

Just as I was done, Zhan casually walked into the kitchen, today wearing light jeans matching with a plain white t-shirt, and when our eyes collided we gave each other an awkward nod.

"I see you're making good use of those eggs," after his words, I felt the blood in less than a second rushing up to my cheeks, and I looked down at the ground.

"S-Sorry, I should've asked permission first . . ." The words slipped from my mouth before I could think twice, but wait a minute . . . Damn it, why did I even break my character?

I tiredly closed my eyes just waiting for him to laugh at me, but it never occurred to me that it wouldn't happen.

"Don't apologize, I rather have someone using them before they go bad, I don't even remember when I got them or even why I got them," he gave me a small but visible smile that in the same flash disappeared too, although the smile made him look like a burst of sunshine on a rainy day I hadn't seen him smiling a lot, I shook the thought away.

"O-Oh . . . In that case, thank you for the meal," Zhan nodded quietly as an answer while his emotions were all masked and nothing was visible. He moved to sit on one of the stools while checking his phone, and I took place opposite of him, not daring to look him right in the eyes.

After some time my eyes wandered to the plate in front of me, and slowly I got up to make another egg sandwich. Zhan's attention moved from his phone and onto the plate while he raised a questioning eyebrow.

"I just don't feel comfortable if someone watches me while I am trying to eat normally," his gaze shifted to me before he spoke up, "are you trying to poison me?" I looked away from him, a slight pout on my face.

"Why yes, I am trying to poison you and then take over your house, and after that the world world," I turned back to him with a huff, my arms crossed in front of me.

"I can't tell if that's being sarcasm or you're just being simple way stupid," no emotions were visible while he talked.

"Decide that by yourself! I'm just leaving here," I quickly turned the chair towards the opposite side, and quietly ate my sandwich. After a minute I saw from the corner of my eyes that he took a bite too, a small one, but it was a bite, and in between a few seconds he gobbles it all up, I blinked at him in surprise before giggling idiotically while trying to hide it behind my hand.

He refused to meet my eyes, awkwardly clearing his throat, "it was delicious, thank you," it was a simple and short compliment, and yet my heart missed a whole beat while happiness ran through my veins, I smiled at him.

"Do you want some more?" He looked a little hesitant at my offer before carefully answering, "sure, that would be nice actually," I smiled happily, moving to make another serving for him, and while doing so, I didn't notice his smile.

While I'm busying myself, I couldn't help but feel a little unnerved by his stare, "you know it's rude to stare at someone, right?" As an answer, he just gave me a bored look.