Chapter 34

Wang Yibo's POV

Their eyes widen when they see the boxes on their laps, "this is rather sudden, it's not even my birthday yet." Zhan smiled at me as Haoxuan ducked in too, "mine's already past."

"I don't even remember mine to be honest." I laughed at Lily and the others their silly comment as I open my mouth, "haha~ it's not for your birthday, silly." Now the three of them eyed me suspiciously, "I meant it when I said I wanted to do something nice for my friends." Perhaps it's the sincerity on my face that relaxes them.

"In that case, I'll happily open mine first." Lily gave me a knowing wink and the other two follow his move.

"Awww, this is the cutest thing I've ever seen." Lily took out a grey teddy bear that's wearing a uniform like her, "wait, is this me?"

"Yes, it's a teddy bear version of you!" 

"Awesome! Mine is really stylish with all these chains." Haoxuan held up a purple teddy bear with a big smile.

"Do I look this serious all the time?" Zhan lifted up a brown teddy bear, that playful smile on his face made me giggle, "well . . . Not all the time, but mostly." He laughed, "I'll try to do my best on that."

"You don't have to, it's still a part of you that we like." 

"I see, I wonder what else you like." I looked away shyly from his teasing eyes. W-was he flirting with me?

"Thank you so much, Yibo. I'm sure you put a lot of work into this." Lily smiled.

"The quality is just like the time you fixed my teddy!" I blushed, "c-come on, it's not that amazing!"

"Haoxuan has high standards, so believe me when he says it's great." I smile shyly at their praises.

"I'm really glad you all like them-" Before I could finish Zhan cut me off, "we still want to know the reason for these gifts though."

I took a deep breath, "well, the tree of you gave me something I never had before, so I just wanted to repay that even if it's in the smallest way I can."

Zhan raised an eyebrow, "and what is that something?"

"A family, I'm really happy to be part of this family." I beamed with happiness, "he did it again," Haoxuan mumbled.

"Ahh . . . How unfair." I glanced sideways at Lily, "e-eh? What do you mean?" I look at each of them in sudden panic, d-did I misunderstood this whole time? But then Zhan places his hand on my shoulder with a reassuring smile.

"We're the ones that should thank you for stepping into our lives." I held my head oblique at Zhan.

"Thank you, Yibo!" I can't utter a single word in response, but Zhan continued, "since you've done something nice for me, do you mind if I repay it today?"

"W-what?"

"Well, I hoped we could go for a relaxing drive around town." I felt my heart missing a few beats as I tried to collect my words.

"O-Oh, t-that's so nice of you."

"So, would you like to go out and drive with me?" Zhan offered his hand to me with an inviting smile, "now that's settled, shall we?" And so we head for an afternoon together.

***

Now I'm sitting in a new car next to Zhan, "I was afraid you might not drive anymore." He smiled at me, "fortunately, I still like driving, and I don't want to make the same mistake again, I promise to take good care of you no matter where we go from now on." The protective tone of his voice made my body tingle.