⚜️Chapter Thirty-Two: Making Amends and Ascendants⚜️

—————————————————————

Lizzie and Josie stared at their maternal uncle with unreadable expressions on their faces.

The silence had been tense and slightly awkward.

There were well over 100 pieces of metal scattered on the table.

Creating one ascendant was going to be a pain in the ass.

"Why did you do it?" Josie asked Kai suddenly.

The man in question looked at his niece and contemplated his answer.

"Well Joanie," Kai began ignoring Josie correcting him on her name, "I grew up being called things like abomination and monster because I was a siphon. Eventually, all of the anger and self-loathing you feel, makes you snap. When my parents kept having kids so they would have another pair of twins, at the time I didn't think much of it. My siblings didn't treat me differently, it was at the time only adults who put me down. I eavesdropped on a coven meeting and found out that Jo and I wouldn't be merging and they would wait for Lucas and Olivia to turn 22 to determine a new leader. I lost it and was sent to the prison world as punishment. As for the reason I killed your mother, at the time I still didn't fully know how to process emotions other than rage or anger. I was angry at my twin for never protecting me, for what I thought at the time was ruining my life by getting pregnant with you two. I knew eventually you both would merge and take the one job I had wanted for so long." Kai finished his very drawn out explanation.