Nervous Klaine

"Come on, Kurt!" Mercedes encouraged. "I can't do it," Kurt said refusing to push the button to complete his online dating profile. "You're just one click away from love," Mercedes said trying to persuade him. "I really can't do it," Kurt replied. "Why not?" Mercedes asked. "Because what if no one likes me? Or they have terrible habits?" Kurt replied. "You won't know until you try," she told him. "You it's just that" (he breaks into song [When He Sees Me from Waitress])
Kurt=Italics Mercedes=Bold

I stick with real things
Usually facts and figures
When information's in its place
I minimize the guessing game
Guess what?
What?
I don't like guessing games
Or when I feel things
Before I know the feelings
How am I supposed to operate
If I'm just tossed around by fate?
Like on an unexpected date?

The stranger who might talk too fast
Or ask me questions about myself
Before I've decided that
He can ask me questions about myself
He might sit too close
Or call the waiter by his first name
Or eat Oreos
But eat the cookie before the cream?
But what scares me the most
what scares me the most

Is what if when he sees me, what if he doesn't like it?
What if he runs the other way and I can't hide from it?
What happens then?
If when he knows me, he's only disappointed?
What if I give myself away, to only get it given back?
I couldn't live with that

So, I'm just fine, inside my shell-shaped mind
This way I get the best view
So, when he sees me, I want him to

Kurt, don't you think you're being a little, I mean maybe just a tad--

I'm not defensive
I'm simply being cautious
I can't risk reckless dating
Due to my miscalculating
While a certain suitor stands in line
I've seen in movies
Most made for television
You cannot be too careful
When it comes to sharing your life
I could end up a miserable wife

He could be criminal, some sort of psychopath
who escaped from an institution,
somewhere where they don't have girls
He could have masterminded some way to find me
He could be colorblind
How untrustworthy is that
He could be less than kind
Or even worse he could be very nice, have lovely eyes
And make me laugh, come out of hiding
What do I do with that?
Oh, God

What if when he sees me
I like him and he knows it?
What if he opens up a door
And I can't close it?
What happens then?
If when he holds me
My heart is set in motion
I'm not prepared for that
I'm scared of breaking open
But still I can't help from hoping
To find someone to talk to
Who likes the way I am
Someone who when he sees me
Wants to again

"Fine, can I just see what you put on your profile?" Mercedes asked. "Sure," Kurt said handing her his phone. "Music, theatre, and fashion. Sounds about right. By the way I'm doing this for your own good," Mercedes said before clicking the confirmation button. Kurt freaked at what Mercedes had just done. "Oh no no no no no!" Kurt exclaimed. "Kurt, everything is going to be okay. Look, now you can maybe find a guy that you might be into," she said handing Kurt his phone back. Kurt stared down at his phone and saw a picture of a guy who looked like a frat boy. "I don't know about this," Kurt said after having calmed down. "This guy looks like a college guy who parties way too much," Kurt commented. "Then, swipe left," Mercedes instructed. Kurt did as he was told and another profile came up. This time it was a guy who only had shirtless pictures and had "No pain no gain" as his motto in life. "This guy already sounds like he's not my type," Kurt said. Kurt and Mercedes swiped around for a few more minutes, but none of the guys were quite what Kurt was looking for. Kurt looked at the time and it was almost midnight. "I gotta get going," Mercedes said getting up. "I'll text you or call you if anything happens," Kurt said hugging her. "Bye and good luck!" Mercedes said before leaving his apartment. What do I do now? Probably go to sleep, Kurt thought. He walked to his room and got ready to go to bed. He made sure to turn off his phone, but some how accidentally swiped right on someone. Kurt didn't even see who it was, but was too tired and nervous to even look at the guys he swiped on. Kurt went to bed and could only think about what he had just done. Kurt laid there in bed and eventually fell asleep. The next morning he woke up and had forgotten what had happened last night. Realization then hit him like  a dodgeball to the face and he began to freak out. In his time of crisis he decided to call Mercedes. "Hello Mercedes, I made a mistake," Kurt said dramatically. "What? What did you do?" Mercedes asked in a worried tone.  "After you left yesterday I was getting ready for bed and somehow when I was charging my phone I swiped right on a guy," Kurt admitted. "Did you even try looking at his profile after you swipped?" Mercedes asked. "No I was too scared," Kurt replied. "How about I go to your house and we can figure out who you swiped on," Mercedes suggested. "Definitely, thank you Mercedes you're a life saver," Kurt said before hanging up the phone. Kurt got up from his bed and walked over to his bathroom while keeping an eye on his phone to see if he had any notifications from the app. After about a half hour there was a knock on the door and Kurt know who it was. "Come on in Mercedes," Kurt said. Mercedes walked in and took a seat on his couch. "So have you checked if you got a match with him?" she asked. "Last time I checked there were no notifications," Kurt said. "Then I think it's fine. He probably didn't even notice it," Mercedes said to make him feel better about the whole incident. "You're right, we should probably eat breakfast," Kurt suggested. "I am starving, let's go to the new cafe down the street. I heard they had the best donuts!" Mercedes said. "Let me just go get my phone and we'll go," Kurt said running to his room. They left his apartment and it was a pretty short walk to the cafe. They entered the cafe and Kurt decided to save them a table while Mercedes ordered some coffee and donuts. Kurt was drifting off while looking out the window when his phone buzzed. Kurt turned over his phone and had gotten a notification. "You matched with Blaine Anderson!" it read. Oh my gosh!

A/n
Hello! Thank you for reading I hope that you enjoyed this story. I will be doing a part 2 to this. Hope that you are doing okay and taking care of yourself. Stay safe! :)