10 ~ To be Loved by You

Start from the beginning

"No" they all say in unison. I roll my eyes. 

"Then Reggie, Alex, you guys better get going. We don't have much time." I say. 

"Yeah you're right" Reggie says. Alex and Reggie both give me tight hugs. 

"Be careful" I say. 

"We will" Alex says before proofing away with Reggie. Leaving me and Luke alone.

Luke's POV

It's 10:00 which means I have two hours with Julie before Alex and Reggie come back, even though I'll try to get them to let me stay with Julie all day. 

I look over to my couch and see Julie, looking half asleep. "Julie maybe you should rest" She snaps out of whatever trance she was in.

"Oh um I'm fine. Just a little tired. The jolts make it difficult to fall asleep" she says. 

"How bout you go lay down in your room and try to sleep now" I suggest. I can tell she's exhausted and worried about the first step of our plan. She needs to just rest, catch up on some sleep. 

"Ok. But only if you stay with me" she says quietly "I'm too afraid of the jolts to be alone" she looks down at the floor. 

"Jules, anyone in your place would be scared. Of course I'll stay with you." I say with a small smile. I walk over to her and hug her, poofing us to her room in the process. She lets out a yelp then lightly slaps my arm.

"A warning next time would be helpful" she says. I laugh. 

She gets herself comfortable under her covers and I sit on the empty side of the bed with my legs crossed, facing her. 

"Can you play something?" She asks quietly. I nod and make my acoustic appear in my hands. I think about what to play and decide on what Julie once told me was one of her favorite songs, going on a rant about how it was so underrated. I took the liberty of stealing her laptop to learn it without her knowing. It's by some boy band called One Section or something like that. 

I start picking the strings, playing the song slower than usual since she'll be falling asleep to it.

I wanna write you a song
One as beautiful as you are sweet
Just a hint of pain for the feeling
That I get when you are gone
I wanna write you a song

She's a little surprised when I first start, but she replaces her shock with a sweet smile quickly.

I wanna lend you my coat
One that's as soft as your cheek
So when the world is cold
You will have a hiding place you can go
I wanna lend you my coat

Oooh
Everything I need I get from you
Oooh, ooh
Giving back is all I wanna do

I wanna build you a boat
One as strong as you are free
So anytime you think that your heart is gonna sink
You know it won't
I wanna build you a boat

Oooh
Everything I need I get from you
Oooh, ooh
Giving back is all I wanna do
Oooh

Oooh

Everything I need I get from you
Oooh, ooh
Giving back is all I wanna do

I wanna write you a song
One to make your heart remember me
So anytime I'm gone you can listen to my voice and sing along
I wanna write you a song, I wanna write you a song

By the time I finish, Julie's fast asleep with a smile on her face. I know she probably thinks that that was just me singing her favorite song so she could sleep. But the truth is, I meant every word of that song as if I wrote it myself. I think back to my conversation with Alex the other day. I still don't think Julie actually has feelings for me. There's no way. I think about the night back on her porch when we almost kissed. I think? Was she going to kiss me? I doubt it. She probably was just like trying to ... guess what cologne I was wearing, yeah that makes sense. She had to lean in the smell it better. It's obvious. There's no way she was gonna kiss me.