20

Alexandra's pov

Damon and I are standing outside of the party right now and I'm pacing back and forth extremely frustrated and confused.  "You compelled me?!" I said.

"Yes" He said.

"When?! When was this?" I said.

"Almost a year and a half ago" He said.

"Are you kidding me?! This whole time, Damon!  I couldn't figure out why I couldn't remember anything that had to do with you or even my past and it's because you compelled me to forget!" I said.

"You're really mad right now" He said.

"You made me forget meeting you.  Or anything that had to do with you.  That's not even fair.  Who gave you the right?!" I said.

"No one did, and no one needed to.  I made the decision myself" He said.

"Did you even warn me?" I said.

"No..." He said.

"Why did you want me to forget you, Damon? Huh? What the hell did you do?" I said.

"It's not about what I did...it's about what I am" He said walking up to me.

"A vampire?  You made me forgot you just because you're a vampire and you didn't want me to know?" I said.

"I was protecting you, dammit! Trying to give you a better life without me!" He said.

"Well, what the hell was going on between us back then that made you feel like you had to do all of that?!" I said and he just got quiet.  "Damon?" I said.

"I was in love with you...and you were in love with me" He said and I just stared at him.  There's no way...how...how is that even possible?

"And you knew this whole time?" I said.

"I made myself forget too.  I didn't remember until Stefan showed me that picture of you.  Then it all came back to me" He said.

"That still was a long time ago, Damon!" I said.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Alexandra!" He said.

"I want my memories back!" I said and I could see him getting pissed off and he marched up to me grabbing my shoulders.

"You want your memories back?! If I bring them back, you'll feel everything you felt in that moment.  You'll feel all the hurt I put you through." He said.

"I'll feel love for you, won't I?" I said.

"You can't love me, Alexandra." He said.

"Because you think you'll hurt me again?" I said.

"This is my life.  I'm a vampire.  And sometimes I don't give a damn about anything and I go out and I kill.  Or I do stupid things that get me into trouble.   Just like you said...sometimes I'm just cold hearted.  And it doesn't matter that my emotions for you are back.  I still have my issues, Alexandra.  Those won't change" He said in my face and I just stare at him.