23

Alexandra's pov

I'm sitting in the grill right now with Damon and he's drinking a glass of water. I'm just staring at him and he puts the glass down and then looks to me. "I thought you were going to die" I said.

"I don't die that easily" He said.

"Damon...this is serious. They tried to burn you alive" I said.

"Yeah....creative, right?" He said and I just stare at him. "Okay...look, I'm okay. I'm alive" He continued.

"Is this what I always have to worry about? Death" I said.

"Well...technically I'm already dead" He said.

"Damon" I said.

"I mean, yeah, it's inevitable that death comes knocking on my door sometimes. It's just all part of being a vampire. There's enemies. I've been doing this a long time though. I've made it this far, right?" He said.

"It just scared me" I said.

"Hey...I'm not leaving you. Ever" He said and I just nodded my head. "I am surprised though Stefan was the one to pull me out of that fire" He continued.

"He cares about you, Damon. You're his brother. You know, you should try not to hate him so much" I said and he just raised an eyebrow.

"I hate him a little less now" He said and I give him a little look and he smiles a little.

"I love you though" He said and I just smile.

"I love you too, Damon" I said.

•••

I'm standing outside of the grill right now with Elena. Stefan went in to talk to Damon and I thought it'd be a good time for me to speak with Elena.

"Jeremy knows. Everything" She said.

"How?" I said.

"Anna told him. They were close. And he also found my diary which talked about everything." She said.

"Is he okay?" I said.

"I mean, he's pissed at me for keeping everything from him. Including me having Damon compel him to forget about Vicki. And now...Anna is dead. Stefan saw her in the fire" He said and I just sighed.

"Poor kid" I said.

"I know he likes you. He actually talks to you. Maybe you can try talking to him. Get him to hate me a little less right now" She said and I nodded

"Of course" I said and she nodded

"So...is Damon okay?" She said.

"He's Damon. He's okay" I said.

"I'm glad they're both okay" She said and I nodded and then started to think of our conversation earlier.

"Elena....what did you mean earlier when we were talking? Before everything happened" I said and she just sighed.

"I found out something from Isobel. I was going to tell you...but I didn't know if it was true, and I needed more information. Now...I know it's all true" She said.