14

Alexandra's pov

Damon and I are standing on top of the bell tower right now and I'm just staring at the town below me in awe.  This is absolutely amazing.  I feel so free and happy up here.   I can feel Damon standing behind me and I turn to him and he just gives me a small smirk.

"Don't you think you're standing a little close to the edge" He said.

"Are you scared of heights, Damon?" I said grinning a little.

"I'm not really scared of anything.  But...for you being a human, I would say one slip and you're splat" He said walking up next to me and I just take a step back from the edge.

"What's it like being immortal? Or...semi-immortal?" I said.  I don't know why I feel so comfortable with Damon right now.  It's kind of shocking me that we're even able to have normal conversations with each other.  I think I'm realizing that as long as it doesn't do with our weird connection, he'll openly talk to me.   But that doesn't mean I'll give up.

"You feel free.  You don't ever have to worry about time.  You can do pretty much whatever you want, whenever you want" He said.

"Wouldn't you get bored living basically forever...I mean, how do you constantly find something new to do?" I said.

"Being a vampire is enough for me" He said.

"You'd never go back?" I said and he looked to me.

"Never" He said.

"Did you ask to become a vampire? You and Stefan?" I said.

"Nope.  Guess it just was our lucky day" He said.

"Katherine she...how could she be alive? I mean, she's a vampire right? And then she died.  I thought there's no coming back from that" I said.

"This is different.  Katherine didn't die.  She was put with a bunch of other vampires in an underground tomb.  They're stuck in there by a spell.   Pretty powerful spell" He said.

"And you're going to find her..." I said.

"You don't even know Katherine and you have an issue with it. " He said.

"I guess I'm just going off of what I heard" I said.

"Yeah, well, Stefan never was fond of my life choices so...doesn't surprise me. Whatever he told you" He said.  I just stare at him and then I hear my phone ringing and I grab it to see Elenas contact.

"Hello?" I said answering and turning away from Damon.

"Alex, where are you?" She said and I just stayed quiet for a minute. 

"Uh...I'm...just in town" I said.

"In town? It's late" She said.

"Yeah...I know.  Umm, is everything okay?" I said hoping she'll change the subject.

"No, I totally panicked.  I went to go talk to Stefan about the picture of Katherine and it just hit me again." She said.

"Is there anything I can do?" I said.

"Can we just go for a drive or anything.  I just need to get my mind off of this" She said.