12

Alexandra's pov

Im standing at my locker right now just staring at Jeremy. He looks very calm despite what happened. I learned more about the relationship between Jeremy and Vicki. Apparently Jeremy really liked her. He felt really connected to her. Im curious right now as to how he's feeling about it, and how he's handling it.

I watch Jeremy walk away from his locker and he notices me and walks up to me. "Hey, Alex" He said.

"Hey" I said.

"How are you today?" He said.

"You know...doing okay. How about you? Are you okay after the party?" I said.

"The party? Yeah, it was a good time. Surprisingly" He said and I just stared at him.

"Good time? What about...you know, Vicki?" I said.

"Right...it's sad that she had to move, but you know, I don't feel that upset about it. She did what's best for her" He said and I just stared at him extremely confused. Moved? Where is he getting all of this from?

"Yeah...right" I said and then saw Elena walk up to us.

"Jeremy...Alex" She said.

"I should probably get to class now. I'll see you guys around" He said and then walked away and I looked to Elena.

"Why doesn't he remember what happened to Vicki?" I said and then saw Stefan walk over to us.

"Hey" He said.

"What did you guys do?" I said.

"We had to make him forget. I just seriously couldn't watch him go through that pain.  Not again" Elena said.

"You compelled him?" I said to Stefan and he just looked to Elena.

"No, um...Damon did" He said.

"Oh..." I said confused.

"Elena told me you ran into him at the grill. Did he say anything to you about anything?" Stefan said.

"No, just apologized. A real shitty apology.  But honestly, still the same thing...he didn't seem to really care about this thing between us. I don't even think he remembers" I said.

"No, I know Damon. He definitely knows. He just...he's pushing it away. And, its for a reason" He said.

"Do you know why?" I said.

"I think I know part of it" He said.

"Really? What is it?" Elena said.

"He's convinced Katherine is still alive. And, he wants to bring her back" He said and I just stared at him. Hearing that made me feel a little weird, but I don't know why.   And wait...Katherine?!

"Didn't she like...die. A long time ago?" I said.

"That's what I thought" He said.

"You guys...you need to let me talk to him" I said.

"It's not safe" Elena said.