32

Alexandra's pov

"What do you mean you already did, Elena?!" I said getting mad.

"I didn't know you were connected to me! I thought that if I offer myself up then everyone would be safe" She said.

"What did you do, Elena!" I said freaking out.  She just stares at me and then suddenly the front door flies open and I look over to see two men walk in.  Elena and I back up a little and I grab her arm.

"We're here for the doppelgänger" One said and then looked to me.

"Is that the sister?" The other said.

"Alexandra" The guy said sending chills down my spine.

"Klaus will be thrilled to see them both" He said.

"No" I said and they just stared at us angry.

Next thing I know a breeze of wind flows into the house and we all look to each other and then I see someone else appear.  I look confused and then the two men look to him confused too.

"Who are you?" One of the guys said and it was quiet for a minute.

"I'm Elijah" He said and my heart dropped. 
This is Elijah.

"We were going to bring her to you.  For Klaus.  She's the doppelgänger.  And she's the soulmate" One of the guys said looking to me.  Soulmate? What does soulmate mean?

"Klaus will want to see them" The other guy said.

"Does anyone else know that you're here?" Elijah said.

"No" He said.

"Well, then, you have been incredibly helpful." Elijah said and I just stared.  He then grabs onto the two guys and rips both of their hearts out and I stand there in fear and grab onto Elena.

Elijah stares at the both of us and I start anticipating the worst.  I hear a noise outside and then see Elijah look over his shoulder a little listening.  He then looks back to us and I pull Elena back a little and then he speeds away and leaves the house.

I just stand there in shock and then sigh of relief and Elena turns to me and pulls me into her.  "I'm so sorry" She said.

"It's okay.  We're okay" I said hugging her back.

•••

I'm sitting on the front porch right now.  I sent Elena home but I just feel stuck here.  I feel so overwhelmed and stressed.  We had only a few days of quiet before we got thrown back into a mess.  One that has Elena and I's lives at stake.  Along with our friends.

"Home sick?" I heard and looked up to see Damon standing in front of me.

"No...definitely not" I said.

"Elena called me.  She was worried about you.  She also told me what happened. What the hell was going through her head?" He said.

"I don't know. She just wanted to protect us" I said.

"That's what Stefan and I are doing. We got the moonstone" He said and I looked to him.