38

Alexandra's pov

I'm pacing back and forth in the living room.  I don't even know how to feel right now.  I'm sad.  I'm angry.  I'm hurt.  I'm heartbroken.  I'm just a mixture of everything.  Damon and I really just broke up.  We ended everything between us just like that.  Like it was nothing.

I run my hands through my hair and then just completely break down.  I scream and then I shove everything that's on the table onto the ground and then back up and drop to my knees crying. 

"Alex?!" I heard and could tell it's Stefan.  He runs over to me and kneels down next to me and pulls me into him.

"Hey, Bonnie is okay" He said.

"Alex?" Elena said.

"It's Damon." I said and then looked to them.  "We're done" I said and their faces dropped.

"Alex" Stefan said genuinely upset.

"It just wasn't meant to be" I said and then he hugged me.

"Alex, no, don't say that" Elena said coming over to us too and kneeling down.

"I'll be out of here tomorrow" I said.

"You're not leaving.  Not with Klaus out there." Stefan said.

"I can't stay" I said crying even more.

"Let me talk to him" He said.

"No, don't.  It's over, Stefan.  And it's not coming back.  Damon and I are done" I said and then stood up. 

It's done for good.

•••

It's the next morning. I'm in the basement right now.  I told Stefan and Elena I was just going to go to bed last night.  I'm just going to stay in a different bedroom until I can figure out what to do, and until Stefan actually lets me leave.  But right now I'm mad.  Why does Damon get to get away with being so selfish? Why does he not care about what anything thinks or feels?!

I don't know why I'm down here.  Well...that's a lie. I've been playing with an idea back and forth.  Elijah is down here...and I want to bring him back.  For two reasons, of course.  One...maybe he can seriously help us kill Klaus.  Two...if Damon gets to be selfish, so do I.

I open the cell door and walk in and look to Elijahs body on the ground.  I just stare at it and then I walk over and kneel down next to him.  Should I really do this? My brain is just all over the place right now, I can't even think straight.  I'm just thinking with anger.  Anger towards Klaus.  Anger towards Damon.  And anger towards myself.

I grab onto the dagger and just hold it and then I close my eyes and I pull the dagger out.  I look to it and then I back up and lean against the wall taking a deep breath.  Now...we just wait until he wakes up.

I sit here for about 10 minutes holding onto the dagger and then I hear a gasps and see Elijah wake up.  I get up and go over to him and he starts panting and I put my hand out.

"Elijah.  It's me.  It's me" I said and then he calmed down and looked to me.  I see all the gray leave his body and his normal pigment comes back and he sits up.