Chapter 18

⚠️Mention of violence, possibly rape if not comfortable you may skip the section.
Time for the big reveal
Jenni's pov
I was beyond angry. I'm going to tell them the truth. I even have proof. Kara's old Sketch book. She always vent out her pain through drawing. She had drawn most of her nightmares which were more like flashbacks which meant she drew what happened to us. I've seen the drawings and I can confirm it.
       I had a purse beside so I removed the old sketch book. It held our deepest secrets. And I'm letting them out to give my sister a happy life. Not one filled with hatred from others who don't understand.
     I cleared my throat and everyone faced me. "I would like a family meeting after you finish. It's very important. " I spole softly.
  "Okay piccolo. If it's important. " grandma Anna said. I just smiled. I was nervous. It is hard for me to do this. I still get few nightmares but nothing like before. I hope fo Kara it's the same. The guy who was sitting on the side of kara looked at me skeptically.
        I hope this will help. After everyone was done, we went to the living room. I was just staring at space. I can do this, for Kara.
Someone cleared his throat.
     I looked up at Noah. He was eyeing the book in my hands. He gestured for me to start.
    "It is time you all know the truth because am tired of the assumptions that you made. "I started.
  "What's this about? "Vince asked.
"It's about me and Kara. And no interruptions please . Don't make it harder than it already is. "In said that while looking at Uncle Orion who was about to say something. Here goes nothing.
    "Kara never hurt me like you assumed. If you had listened all this would be avoided. After what I tell you and you don't believe me you can look at these, "I threw the book at the center of the table.
            "Well it all started after mama died. She had married Don and he acted like a father to us. We were only five when mama died. And that's when the nightmare started. Don came home drunk started shouting at Kara about it being our fault that mom died. I was at a sleepover at that time. That was the first time he hit Kara. He beat her black and blue that night. The next morning he apologized. Said he was drunk and didn't mean it. So Kara never told anyone not even me. It continued like that. Kara would suddenly have mysterious bruises. She said that she fell or hit a tree or something. But I knew something was wrong. This continued for two years and I couldn't take it anymore. Don had changed .I finally saw that. It was Kara who cooked my meals and Don's . I always thought that she was just trying to fill up mom's role but he would constantly yell at her. So after two years of being clueless I finally caught Don in the act of abusing Kara. Kara told me to run but I was in shock so Don took it to his advantage he beat me. Kara was yelling at him about the deal. I didn't know what they were talking about. I learnt that night that Kara made a deal with him that he only hurts her and not  touch me or she'll make sure the police know even if it kills her.
        I was a child. I couldn't understand these things. Kara was always smarter and mature for her age. Well Don made her mature faster than needed to take care of me. She dressed my wounds, something a seven year old shouldn't know how. Since I was already introduced to that life, I couldn't escape. Kara tried believe me but the punishment was bigger. We were starved only allowed to eat once a week. Do n was already jobless due to his drinking streak so he turned to drug trafficking. It paid the bills and some food but he never cared for our necessities.
            Kara never let me do things like cooking or cleaning the house because she said she'd do anything for me to try and enjoy a bit of my childhood. I didn't understand but when I got a bit older I understood. She had already thrown her childhood out of the window. " I paused. I was crying. I looked up to see they all had tears streaming down their face. I have to continue.
  "Don didn't provide any essentials for us. He said 'worthless little sluts dont deserve anything'. That we should be happy. The beatings got worse. Kara would always take some of the beating for me. Sometimes too much than supposed to. I was always the weak one . Kara was already good at embracing the pain. It seemed like it didn't hurt to her but she' s good at hiding it but I wasn't. I would sometimes scream which gave me bigger punishment. We were slapped, kicked, punched, stabbed, whipped. Of course Kara would try to some of my punishments if I made a sound. Don was always mad when she does that. Take my beatings. So he always made sure to punish her worse than before. I would be forgotten and I guess that was Kara's plan right and you would think that's good bbut I-its not. He hurt her so bad that sometimes she took a whole week to wake up. A whole fucking week not knowing whether shes dead or alive. The longest she's ever been in the semi coma was a month. O tried taking her to the hospital but Don caught me. Let's just say I've never forgotten that day. Ever. The times when Kara was unconscious were the worst times. Since I didn't have my saviour, the beatings were bad. I always cried because of the pain.
          I've tried suicide once when I was ten but Kara found out. She was not happy. I never tried again coz of her. All her hard work would go in vain . We would stock up food because we didn't want to die of starvation. We would share a plate. Kara would only eat like three spoons and leave the rest to me saying I needed my strength. I would argue with her but it never worked. She gave up a lot for me. We were only provided one mattress. But guess what she did. She would sleep on the floor leave the mattress to me despite my protests to share. It was a very small mattress. She even started working small jobs at 11years old. Then she would buy us clothes with it. The one thing I'm greatful to Don for was that he let us go to school. The day at the mall, a man was trying to take and advantage of me and Kara came just in time. He punched the man until he ran away. She was protecting me not hurting me so please stop hurting she's already been through much. As my family I beg you. I can't lose her. She needs to be happy for once in her life. P-p-please. "
       I was full-blown crying right now. I could hear sobs. I looked up. They were crying. The ladies were. The men had silent tears falling. Especially my brothers. They were angry. Cole punched the wall. Xander held his face in his hands muttering'we fucked up' all over again

  Thirds 's pov
The family knew they messed up . Especially the brothers. Vince couldn't believe it so he took the sketch book and what he saw was more than enough. He gasped as he saw the sketches. Blood. Two bodies chained to the wall. Blood everywhere..
       The family saw his reaction so they took turns with the book. Each drawing as horrifying as the last. Even Jared didn't think it was this extreme.
      Jonah asked his voice shaky, "W-who d-drew this?? "
"K-kara did. It was her only way to deal with it all. " Jenni said still crying. Noah went and comforted her. Everyone was shocked at the new Revelation. They were distraught. They treated the girl with hatred yet she was the main victim. A strong young lady. They knew they had tarnished their relationship with Kara.
       "I need you to answer this last question. did did he ever ttouch you two or r-rape you, " Vince asked his voice on the verge of breaking. Aah the question of the hour. Everyone was too afraid to know the answer. Just as Jenni was about to release another bombshell, the family heard a scream.
        "Kara!! "Jared shouted as he sprinted to her room.  Everyone followed worried. But they were not prepared for the scene.