Chapter 12

When he saw this he started apologizing profusely. I'm pretty sure he doesn't do this often. I know he was sincere so I relaxed my body.
      "Um.. I'm Jared but you already know that. I was brought here for something I didn't do. But it was pretty believable because of my bitch of a mom who set me up and everyone believed. So what about you. "He seemed nervous talking to me. It was cute. I softened my gaze to which he was shocked since I have had a resting bitch face and haven't talked to him.
       "Um.. Our stepfather died so me and my twin had to live with your cousins. Since they are supposedly our brothers"
       Then I told him what happened and he believed him. It felt nice to talk to him. He was a good listener. And despite his appearance he is gentle with me.
      But boy was he angry. Because he immediately stood up and started punching the wall . I wasn't scared coz somehow I knew he wouldn't  hit me.
      Instead I did the unthinkable. I stood up, took his arms and turned to me then hugged him tightly. We were both shocked by what I did.  But he immediately hugged me back.
          You could tell be doesn't get affection at all because he wrapped me tightly as if I would disappear. I had tears in my eyes. I felt safe for once. I felt something wet on my shoulders. I knew he was crying.
           He is just like me. He longed for love. Even though I had Jenni who gave me hugs every now and then he had no one. I can sense it.
        We stared like this for long. Then I pulled away. To which he pouted. I chuckled. I sat him down. I took my first aid kit from my bag  and cleaned his knuckles while he looked at me in awe.
         When I was done he asked one of the dreaded questions.
        "Why do you have a first aid kit and pain killers" as he looked at the bottle of painkillers peeking out of the bag.  I sighed and lifted up my shirt.  He looked at me incredulously. I just looked down. I trusted him enough but it still has to be earned.
         He didn't push it. He just hugged me. I liked it.