Chapter 16

To say dinner was awkward was an understatement. Xavier stormed out the minute I showed up. Said something about puking at my mere presence.
          I just shrugged. I'm really unaffected. Jenni felt the tension and the air was getting heavier. So she hugged them and kissed their cheeks which worked as they immediately smiled at her as though she was the most precious being in the world.
         I felt a tug at my heart but I ignored it and brushed it away. They started conversing of course leaving me out of it. But I didn't mind. I don't like talking much.
            I just ate a small potion of food and hoped no one noticed. But they wouldn't care. So I just ignored the snarky comments thrown at me from the youngest brothers.
           It was too suffocating so I just excused myself and went to my room. I showered and got ready for bed but I heard the door open. Jonah entered with the deadliest glare but I was just unaffected.
         He seemed surprised but just covered it. I gave him a look that said, 'what do you want'.
  And just my luck he opened his mouth. "I want you to know that you're  not wanted here. We're only keeping you because Jenni. She begged us to let you stay. You disgust me. Don't even think you belong here. You will never be family. Hurt Jenni again and you'll wish you were never born whore." He spat. That brought a lot of memories which meant I would have a lot of nightmares .So much for sleeping.
             I didn't say anything and he took it as his que to leave. I just spent the night reading some novels. The following two days were uneventful. Well except the fact that Xavier and Xander thought it would be a pleasure if they came to my room and through remarks of how I'm pathetic worthless and stuff. 
         I've been chatting with Harry and Jazzy. I haven't left my room once even to eat. My appetite has been lower than lower. Maybe because I don't have someone reminding you to eat. Jenni gives me a little space. I think she's up to something.
           Well tomorrow's  the horrendous family dinner. Wish me luck. If I even survive the insults..