CHAPTER 21

Nicolas Pov

I couldn't believe she said yes, I mean I was going to pop the question yesterday but not everything went as planned but things ended really well, and waking up to Kayla sleeping by my side was always my dream, and it's a dream come true and I don't feel like getting out of bed but he boys are coming today.

I needed to get out of bed and get ready. We were going to the office today because that was where I kept our prisoner. Well not in the actual office but my office has an underground layer. I didn't know what to do there so I made a small room there and I couldn't bring the prisoner to my house nor the police.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Kayla said while I was lost in thought, and she just rested on my chest.

"Sure, what is it?" I said

"Who changed my clothes?" She asked and I turned red. I should have told her first, but then I smiled.

"I did and it took a lot from me," I said, and I could see her blushing.

"Can I ask you another question?" Kayla said

"Even if I said no, you will probably ask me anyway," I told her, and she nodded which made me smile.

"Why did you keep your virginity?" She asked, I could help but laugh out loud. I mean I was expecting that question anyway.

"Well, I didn't really have a reason, to begin with, but my mum always told me, I shouldn't bring any pregnant girl home while still in high school or college but then I promised myself that whoever my first girlfriend or wife was going to be, she would definitely be worth it and she did be someone I know and care about. Even if I knew I was talking about you, I didn't admit it. Till we met again" I told her as I kept watching her reaction. She hugged me and said "Thank you for always protecting me" which made me smile.

I was about to kiss her when my door opened

"Bro don't tell me you are not ready........" Leo couldn't finish his sentence when he saw what was before his eyes.

"Leo didn't you learn how to knock, what if......." James said as he walked in, and stopped when he saw me, and Kayla.

"GET OUT!!" I shouted to the both of them as Kayla hid under the bed cover, and the boys ran out.

"I guess you have something to do today," Kayla said from under the bed cover.

"Sorry, I have to go to the office to interrogate the prisoner and find out where your grandmother is," I told her as I got out of bed to shower.

" oh, sure," Kayla said

After I took a shower Kayla came back with food in a tray.

"Thank you," I said as I kissed her forehead and collected the tray and she went back to my bed.

"What will you do when I am gone?" I asked her. I didn't want her to be Idle.

"Actually, Anna is coming over. We are having girls' time but in the meantime, I am reading this," she said as she raised a book.

"My favorite," I said.

"I didn't take you for a reader, you have a whole library in your office" She sounded surprised and I shrugged.

"I kind of pick the habit from you," I said truthfully

"Wait! What?" she said surprised

"Well, you remember that time in high school when we were supposed to be paired in groups of four for our project in Mrs. Jean's class?"

"Yes, I remember, I never forgot actually because you were in my group. Actually, I was in your group of friends. It was you, Leo, Anna and I. I remember Anna wanted to change groups because she didn't like you, and Leo but Instead the teacher told her she had to because she was lacking behind in class" Kayla said as she laughed.

"Then, Leo said he didn't even know what was happening in class or anything about the project and want you to do his part, which made us fight, but we later decided to bring what we had to the table, and you brought four big books for us to read, just to find out what project we should do," I said as I smiled remembering that day because that was the first time I ever fought with Leo.

"Then we spent a whole day in the school field and missed our classes because of the project. We kept running around when the security guards came, but in the end, we still got an A" Kayla said as she smiled.

"Our hard work paid off, but that book that you brought for us changed Leo and I that was why we started business in the first place, I made sure I finished the book," I told Kayla and she was shocked.

"You finished the book," she said, still shocked and I nodded.

"Well, I am glad I inspired you," She said as she gave me a peck.

I was done dressing as we went to the living room to meet the boys to leave.

"Not one word," I said as I approached the with Kayla

"Heyyy Kayla," they said in unison as Kayla waved and left us to talk.

"So.... care to fill us in on what happened last night," Leo said

"No, now let's go," I said as I noticed Leo's face was in a smirk

"I will tell you on our way," I said and Jame laughed.

"Bro, he gets you every time," James said.

I told Kayla and Agnes we were leaving and they should have fun.

.............................................................................................................................................

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!! I am so excited about Christmas, I hope you all are. 

Leo and James walked in on Nic and Kayla 😳

what do you think of the three boys?

Also, what do you think of the little back story? 

They all had little moments in high school, and they are starting to remember how cool!