CHAPTER 6

Nicolas Pov

Talking to Kayla was what had made my morning happy. Even my co-workers noticed my happiness but I was always tough on them but I was too happy to give a damn. I was happy that she talked to me and even called my nickname but I was happier that she didn't find me weird when I told her that I will always be there for her and I really mean it. I called Cole and told him I would be coming by six for the proposal he asked for but I had my conditions. I had already planned all this and if he doesn't agree to it well he would agree to it, after all, it is money and he loves money and besides I needed a new secretary.

Kayla pov

After I left Nicolas and returned to the office, my best friend started asking me questions noticing the fact that I was beaming. Although I tried to cover it, I was caught so I might as well just tell her. As soon as I was done she was squeaking again and I am starting to think she is from the mice family. "He totally likes you girl, I knew it. Oh come on, he even bought you food and told you some sweet words. That is the smell of love" Anna said, I began to laugh at how everything I said to her turned out to be that he loves me. I mean to me he was just being a protective friend not like I won't like the idea of me and him together but that's just insane because he doesn't feel the same way. After my conversation with Anna, I got a call that my dad needs me so I went to his office. As I reached I knocked and as he said to come in he threw a book at me, At first, I was surprised but I covered it up and put my head down. "You never do anything right, so you can be a slut but you can't work properly, you think I didn't see you and Nicolas in that small coffee shop, you must have been so happy, what did he give you, I hope you didn't disobey me and your mother and eat outside. Just take this and rewrite it properly and make five copies." Dad said angrily. At least he didn't know I ate something that would have made matters worse and the papers were not even mine but I had to look up what they were in order to write something because I am very sure this was his other secretary's work from the meeting that I am not allowed to go to.

I didn't go for lunch and it was almost time for me to leave but I had so much to do and dad said I have to submit it before I leave. I was almost done writing when I looked at the clock and it was six already, I decided to look out of my window and I saw that same blue car pull up in the driveway and I had a better view of the driver and it was Nicolas. I remember he told me he was going to see dad but I didn't think he would come this late. I went back to my writing trying to ignore the happy feeling and sparks in me.

Nicolas Pov

I arrived at the Argents Corporation exactly at six and I didn't expect Kayla to still be working at this time but I was happy. I saw her when she came to her window and I decided to step out of my car but pretended I didn't see her. I went into the company and took the elevator and while I was there I called Cole that I was on my way up. As I got there he was waiting outside his office. This man shows respect to people higher than him especially when it comes to the person giving him money. We shook hands and I started talking business.

"Cole, nice to see you again" I spoke

"Likewise, Nicolas" he answered

"So I accept your proposal, I will give you five percent of my office share but we can't work together, Cole. I am already partner with the August industries and corporation but I have my proposal to you for the five percent of my company" I said

"But the August is the fourth running company and I am very sure they just want to use you to bring their company to the top" he replied

I see he is trying to be smart about this but this is exactly what he wants to do.

"Mr. Agent, I am not here to discuss that. I have already made my decisions but I want you to hear my proposal to you"

"Fine" he accepted

"So in order for you to keep the five percent of my company I would like to ask you to give me your daughter and she would work with me as my secretary," I said confidently.

I didn't want to scare the man and ask for her hand in marriage but I wanted to start from somewhere and if we told her it was marriage what would she think of herself or of me. I won't use her for money trade but I have a huge plan to court her as she is my secretary. At first, he didn't say anything. I know he was not worried about losing his daughter but he uses her because her beauty brings him consumers and I won't allow such abuse.

"Think it over Cole; it will be good for you. I am leaving now and I will be back by Monday with the papers to get your final answer. Oh and by the way, you know my company law, all secretaries must move in with the boss". I told him with a smirk on my face and walked out of the office.

As I walked out of the office I entered the elevator going down to the first floor but it stopped and the person I was expecting entered, Kayla.

Kayla pov

As soon as I was done typing, I quickly went to make the copies and I sent a notice to dad email telling him I will submit the first thing the next morning but he didn't reply so I just decided to pack my things, arrange my desk and leave. As I was about to leave my office I noticed Nicolas' car was still there and I knew they were indeed having an important meeting. I reached the elevator and pressed the first-floor button, as I waited for it, I saw the cleaner and greeted her, she is such a nice lady. Just then the elevator opened and I was shocked to see who it was, well this is going to be weird.

"Oh, hi, wow, Nicolas you are here. You came to see dad" I said nervously and I am sure he noticed.

"Yes, we had a meeting, why are you getting off late?" he asked

"It nothing, I had lots of work to do and dad told me to finish them before I leave" I answered

Just then the elevator stop and we got off

"Nice, you work too hard, where is your car?" he asked. This is so embarrassing.

"I don't have one yet, I just take the bus home" I answered

"Then today is your lucky day, I will give you a ride" he offered

"Oh no it's no big deal, the bus stop is not so far," I said.

As much as I want to enter that sweet hot car, I couldn't, dad could be watching anywhere.

"You see Kayla, I think you got it wrong" he laughed, now I was confused. "It wasn't a request; I am giving you a ride and it for your safety. No man wants to see a beautiful girl walking by herself and if you don't let me drive you I will follow you to the bus stop and get in the bus with you and make sure you get home safe" he said

I was starting to think he was out of his mind but he was right, it was late at night and dad won't offer to give me a ride, I might as well take this one.

"Okay, fine, you win," I said

"Yes, get in," he said and I laughed and I got in and the car was really beautiful inside and out.

...............................................................................................................................................................

Thank you so much for reading, do not forget to vote and comment. A lot of interactions going on between Nicolas and Kayla. Tell me what you think

I am so excited to hear you guys thoughts. These chapters were so much fun to write.