CHAPTER 5

Nicolas pov

Getting to the Argent house I could hear screaming and shouting as I got nearer to the house after passing through the gates, I could see what was happening through the window from my car, seems like they forgot to close the windows. I saw Camille and Cole shouting at Kayla, I decided to come down from my car and get closer to the house when I heard what they were talking about. I got so pissed that they did not even want her to have fun with her life. Worst of all they told her she could not eat the next day. I saw as she walked away, it looked like this was normal to her, but I was beyond angry, I have to do something, and father needs to know about this. I decided to leave the house and meet Mr. Argent in his office, I left the house but I didn't leave the place I stayed outside a little bit far from the house just across the street because I noticed Kayla light were still on, you must be wondering how I know her room, well that is a story only I know (he smirk as he remembers). I stayed a little longer after she switched off her lights still thinking of a way to help her tomorrow except for my proposal. After I figured everything out I left to go home.

Kayla pov

I had to leave for work early today because Dad said he wasn't taking me and I should find my way, so I had to wake up early to catch the bus but even after the bus drops at my stop I still have to walk twenty minutes to the office but it was a good day so I had to bear with it. You must be asking why I think it a good day but today is Tuesday; it is the day of the week dad resumes work late. He just likes it like that; there is no reason for it.

Before I walked into the office building, I decided to grab a cup of coffee from the café near the company. As I walked inside and joined the line, I noticed a really nice blue car stopped near the café and a good looking young man stepped out of it. Although he looked familiar I just brushed it off thinking it was one of the workers at the office may be trying to impress their girl. I shake my head a little knowing that kind of life could never be mine especially with the kind of parents I have. That guy would probably be scared to live. It was my turn on the line, basically, I was the last person until I heard a voice from behind me "Make that two please", I turned just to meet those brown puppy eye that I could get lost into and I immediately knew who it was instantly and I regret turning because now I am all shades of pink. "Act cool Kay'' I started to say in my mind and then I decided to talk. 

"Nicolas, wow, it's nice seeing you here" I decided to play it cool,

 "hey, I am actually here to talk to your father, it's nice seeing you here Kayla. Hmm... do you want to grab a seat, I know your dad won't be here now but I actually wanted to talk to you" when he said this the only thing that was going on in my head was how amazing and deep but really sexy his voice was so I just said okay. 

Look, don't get me wrong but I really need to enjoy this moment with him. As we sat at the back of the coffee shop he asked me to order something and I was dying to eat something because I knew mum told me not to eat but I didn't have the money but since he decided to pay for it I order my favorite cupcake and besides mum didn't say I couldn't eat out or buy food to eat. "How are you doing Kayla?" Nicolas asked and believe me, I was more than shocked.

 I thought he wanted to talk business and it has been long since someone asked about me or my health well except Anna and Agnes but those two have known my life since forever. "I am great, how about you Mr. Knight?" I asked and I was really nervous because we were actually having a conversation. 

"I am doing great but please drop the formality, we are friends so you can call me Nicolas," he said.

 I was beaming inside but I just smiled at him and to my surprise, he smiled back. "Kayla, are you okay, I am sorry if I came out wrong but you look pale and stressed," Nicolas said, I mean I was surprised that he noticed but then who wouldn't. 

"It's okay if you don't want to say anything, I just want to tell you, I am here for you, okay besides I have known you since high school even if we didn't really talk and stuff but I want to be here for you," Nicolas said, If I didn't know who Nic was I did think he was being strange but it was not the first time he has done this. One time when we were little he walked up to me and said "I will always protect you" I found it weird and cute. But here he was again saying it but all I did was look into his eyes and nod. "Thanks, Nic, I will keep you posted," I said warmly. 

 "Hmm... I see we are giving nicknames now okay Kay, oh I have to leave" he said, I laughed at the way he said my name, it was so cute. We decided to leave together and we went to our separate places, but he was still coming by later so see dad.