CHAPTER 10

Kayla pov

We got to his house, and I was amazed. I mean it wasn't huge but it was big, and different but it was beautiful inside, and out. The security guard took my bags to what I supposed was my room which Nicolas led me to. It was a really pretty room, the color was outstanding and not what I expected but beautiful. It was  bright turquoise and had a chandelier and two bedside lamps. The room was perfect.

While unpacking, I was on the phone with my Anna-Lisa, telling her all that was happening, and she was so excited and she started saying a lot of nasty things will happen between Nicolas and I

While unpacking, I was on the phone with my Anna-Lisa, telling her all that was happening, and she was so excited and she started saying a lot of nasty things will happen between Nicolas and I. By the time I finished Unpacking, it was night and I was so hungry. I told Anna I was going to eat, and would talk to her later and she told me she is coming over during the weekend but I got to ask Nick first.

As I got to the Dining room, I met Nicolas me there waiting for me.

"Are you ready?" he said, then I remembered the surprise and I nodded.
What happened next brought tears to my eyes.

"Mrs. Agnes, you can come in," he said, and I was indeed surprised.

I quickly stood up, and hug her as tears ran down my cheeks

"Don't cry dear, I am right here and you should thank Nicolas for that". Agnes said

Nicolas pov

I was so happy to see Kayla smile so happily. I mean she has been doing that since she got here but it was brighter when she saw Agnes. I knew what Agnes has done for her, and how they loved being with each other. They were like mother and daughter.

"How did you meet Agnes?" Kayla asked

"When I went grocery shopping I saw her in the store and asked her what she was doing and she told me everything. Also, I know what bond the both of you have and I couldn't let her leave just like that" I told her.

"Thank you," she said politely

"Anything for you, Kayla" I replied

I finished my sentence before I realized what I said, looked up, and saw that she was looking at me, shit she heard me.

"What did you say?" she asked

"Oh, I said anytime Kayla" I quickly changed my words and she just smiled.

After we finished eating, I showed her around the house so she could know her way. During our walk, James called, and I excused myself to pick the call. I got to my office and I told him to speak.

"Nicolas it seems there are a lot of covered things about the Argents', I went back to the place where they said Kayla lived when she was little, but there is nothing there. I asked nearby neighborhood, but hey said there was never a house there" James said

" What do you mean James?" I asked

"I tried asking the neighbors if they knew any Argents and they said a man named Brandon Argent used to own the estate but he died with his wife, and Daughter, years ago, I tried investigating more but I only found out that the man was Cole twin brother but I couldn't get any information about his death or the rest of his family. Its password is confidential. But I got a picture of the man" James reported, I was starting to get more interested in this story.

"I think I can ask my dad about somethings but send me the man picture, and continue with the search, thank you so much, James," I said to him

"Anything for you, brother," James said.

He sent the picture, and I was shocked by what I saw, the man looks just like Kayla the only difference was her hair and the fact that she is a girl. But he has dark brown hair too but no mixture like Kaylas' own and besides hers was darker, and you could easily spot her light brown ones too but they look so much alike with their small pure hazel eye color. It's like her father but no it can't be maybe just generational. I got to call dad.

Just as I was about to call dad, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said, and Kayla came in with two cups of hot chocolate in her hands.

" I would have asked you if you wanted some but you were on the phone when I came, and you sounded pretty serious," she said

I hope she didn't hear the whole conversation.