Blake

Today is the day.

When we were at our special hide out, Abi confirmed it to me. I'm going to propose to her.

But I've decided to do it differently. Not in front of my mother. After we're out of her place and eaten lunch. She'd kill me if I did it in front of my mother.

During these past two months, I've realized that I love her more than ever. I've tried to show it to her. I've tried to make it better for her after what I've done but every time I try to ask for her forgiveness, all she does is take my cheek in her hand and tenderly smile up at me. "What's in the past is in the past. Turn the page. No more waiting."

I've also had a few mishaps along the way. There was one day when I was working at my office at the restaurant. Ryan lightly knocked on my door and I smiled up at him. I nodded and he understood that I was telling him to come in. He gently sat on the seat in front of my desk and firmly said, "Are you and Abi together?"

I stopped writing on my folders and slowly looked up at him. I did a small scoff and said, "I'm sorry?"

"Answer the question, Blake," Ryan said firmly. "I need to know. I will remind you that she is an employee and you are her--"

"Yes. I love her. If you have to fire me then that's fine." Before I could stop myself and think, I already said these words. I was surprised with myself at this, but I hid my surprise as I let my eyes burn through Ryan.

His expression was blank. For a long second, we looked at each other without another word. I was about to clear my throat to defend Abi just in case he wanted to fire her, but Ryan busted out laughing and I was left in shock. He stopped and looked at my expression, and then busted out laughing again.

"What's so funny?" I said with a hint of anger.

"Your face," he said in between laughter. "You should see your face right now."

I did not laugh. Instead I frowned and said, "You scared me."

"Duh," he said with a wide smile. "That was the point!"

"Seriously?!"

"Yes seriously!" I shook my head and despite how hard I tried stopping myself, I let out a small laugh.

"So..." I said once he calmed down. "I'm not in trouble?"

"What?"

"Just in case if you want to fire someone, don't fire her. Fire me. She needs this--"

Ryan waved my words away and shook his head. "Stop. She is one of the best employees here and you are actually pretty good at what you do. What can I say? Love is love, right?" He stood up and lightly patted my desk with a smile.

But before he left my office, he looked back with firmness. "Just remember one thing. This is work place. Outside you can continue on with your love. Don't let love disrupt work in this place. Especially now that we have every eye on us after those sponsors."

"Yes sir," I said with more confidence. Nothing mattered now. I had Ryan's approval and all I needed now was Abi's family approval.

So I found myself knocking on the front door of her cousins' house. The first person to see after three years was her eldest cousin, George. He still looked the same. Same calm composure with his suit. He always wears suits. I thought that it was because that's how lawyers tend to go along in life. Abi always tells me that I remind her of George.

His dark eyes went wide with surprise to my arrival. "Blake?"

"Hello George," I said with a warm smile. "How are you?"