Chapter 3 - Parties Are Bad News

Ky's POV

"Well," says Jai as we approach my front door, "I'll see you tomorrow." I nod and open the door. Jai flashes me one last smile, then starts to walk down the driveway. I walk into the house and am greeted by Andy. "Who was that?" he asks sternly,

"Someone from school," I say shyly, "I didn't know what bus to get, then I realised I didn't have any money, so he lent me some." Andy relaxes and pulls me into a hug.

"I don't want you getting hurt again." He whispers. He can be a right bully sometimes, but he's always there for me when I need him. "Thank you Andy." I say quietly.

-

"So, about that party?" I say to Jai as he sits down next to me in Maths. His face lights up;

"You want to go?" he asks excitedly, I nod. "Ahhh!" he shouts, waving his hands around in the air,

"Shh!" I say, laughing,

"Right," he says, becoming serious, "Beau will pick you up from yours at 7.30pm, I'm not gonna leave your side all evening and we'll take you home at whatever time you want." He says sternly, pointing his finger at me, I try to stifle a laugh but it fails. "What you laughing at?" he questions, looking confused, I shake my head, still laughing. "You sound like my dad." I say in between laughs. He shrugs his shoulders, "I just want you to be safe," he says, "I know how rowdy house parties can get and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you." He looks into my eyes and bites his lip, then drops his gaze to the floor and swivels round in his chair to face the teacher. I do the same as the lesson commences.

-

I have come to the conclusion that I have no clothes that are suitable for parties. I have the odd pair of leggings, but I wouldn't dare wear them in public. "Mum!" I yell from my room. I hear her come running up the stairs. She pushes open my door and comes to sit down on my bed. "Two things; one, why did you want me? And two, why is the contents of your wardrobe on the floor?" she asks, looking concerned. "Well, I've agreed to go this party with someone from school and I need something to wear, have you got anything?" I ask. Her face lights up and she rushes out of the room. A few minutes later, she comes running back in with a black skirt in her hands. "This!" she says excitedly, throwing me the skirt. I hold it out in front of me and smile. It's a tight black skirt, covered in sequins that would go perfectly with my new Pierce The Veil top. "Thank you Mum!" I shout as I tackle her down onto the bed. I clamber off of her and stumble into the bathroom, clutching my PTV top and the skirt. I change into the outfit and grin when I catch my reflection. "Mum?" I say as I creep out of the bathroom, "do I look ok?" Her face lights up instantly as she wraps her arms around me, "You look beautiful." She whispers as she hugs me close to her. She pulls away and spins me round, shoving me down in front of my dressing table. "Now," she says, putting her hair up in a ponytail, "Time to work on the face." I close my eyes and let her work her magic. I feel a soft brush on my cheeks, then a pencil on my eyelid. Just as I'm about to open my eyes, I feel lipstick on my lips. I feel her quickly tug at my hair, then she lets go, "Open." She whispers. I open my eyes and hardly recognise the person staring back at me. My eyes have been painted with a gold eye shadow, finished off with a jet black flick. She's contoured my face so my cheekbones stand out and have been highlighted with a pale pink blush. Lastly, my lips have been filled in with a deep purple colour, topping off the whole look. She's put a brush through my long, dark purple hair and simply pinned it up at the sides. I bring my hand up to my face and place it on my cheek, this isn't me, I've never looked like this before. "Mum, I look-"

"Beautiful." She cuts me off. She places a kiss on my cheek, then leaves my room. I get up from the desk and grab my leather jacket and DM's. Just as I leave my room, I hear a car horn; Jai. I pull my boots onto my feet, throw my jacket on and grab my phone off my bed. I put my keys in my jacket pocket and leave the house, not bothering to say good bye to Dad or Andy, they'll only try to stop me from going. I walk towards the little red car parked outside my house. Jai clambers out and holds the door open for me, "After you." he says sweetly, I smile at him and clamber into the car. I look into the front seat and see who I assume is Beau and a very pretty blue haired girl. "Ky, isn't it?" Beau says, I smile and nod my head. The girl in the front seat turns round to face me and smiles, "I'm Allie." She says with a British accent.

"You're not Australian?" I ask and she shakes her head,

"Nope, I moved here with my mum when I was 14." She gives me a warm smile and then turns back round to face Beau. "You look stunning." I hear Jai whisper into my ear, his breath against my skin makes me shiver. "We're just friends." I remind him,

"I know!" he exclaims, holding his hands up in defence, although I can see him smirking. I rest my head up against the window and wonder why I agreed to this.

Chapter 3, woop woop! What do you thinks going to happen at the party?? And what do you think about Jai and Ky. Ky just wants to be friends, but is that what Jai wants aswell?

Andy played by the extremely gorgeous Andy Biersack

Song: Do It Now, Remember It Later by Sleeping With Sirens

I have included pictures of the girls outfits becasue personally, I like to be able to see what they're wearing.

Ellie x