Chapter 9 - Don't Listen To Them Baby Girl

Jai's POV
She looked, well, beautiful. She had the My Chemical Romance shirt tucked into the black skirt, the black bandana was holding her dark purple hair out of her face, her eyes had been flicked with black eyeliner and her lips coloured in purple. She looked stunning. "Does it go?" she asks, biting her lip, but I can't reply, she has literally taken my breath away - God that was cliché. "It doesn't, I'll change." She whispers, running her hand through her hair, "No." I say, grabbing her hand to stop her running back upstairs, "You look beautiful." I see her cheeks redden and she shrugs her shoulders a little. "C'mon, let's go."
-
"Jai, where are we going?" asks Ky. Her fingers were entwined with mine and we were walking to the park. "You'll see." I say, winking at her. She looks at me and smiles and I smile back. Then, she gazes further up the road and her smile fades. Her eyes fill with worry and her grip on my hand tightens, "Ky, what's wrong?" I ask but she just shakes her head. I follow her gaze and see two guys and a girl that are in my History class. "Ky, it's only Trent and his friends." I say, attempting to be reassuring, but it doesn't work. "I know it's them. Jai can we turn around?" I stop, "Jai, they're getting closer. Please Jai we need to go." She keeps pleading as they walk closer but I can't understand why she's scared; it's only 6 in the evening and still light, what did she think was going to happen in broad daylight? "You alright princess?" shouts Trent from across the road, well that wasn't that bad, but the next sentence stunned me, "Got any new cuts? You're little boyfriend here buy you a new blade?" my jaw drops as Ky lets go of my hand.
"You what?" I shout, stepping in front of Ky defensively,
"Jai, it's fine." She whispers from behind me.
"No!" I shout, "It's not fine! They can't say things like that!" I begin to storm towards them, but stop when I see a beer can flying in Ky's direction, hitting her square in the chest and spilling beer all over her new shirt. "You little b-"
"What?" Trent cuts me off, "You gonna swear in front of your little princess? I wouldn't do that if I were you, she might cut deeper!" They walk off laughing and I turn around to see Ky, her pale cheeks stained with tears. "Ky, I-" but I stop when I see that she's run into the park. I sigh as I run after her.
-
Ky's POV
I get into the park and collapse on the floor. I pull my hood up over my head and shuffle towards the bench. Still sitting on the floor, I hug my knees to my chest and start rocking back and forth. "Ky, I'm so sorry." I hear a deep voice from behind me say.
"I doubt you'll want to see me now, my mascara has made its way to my chin and my shirt is covered in beer." I reply bluntly, keeping my back to him.
"I'm sure you look beautiful anyway." Jai says, tugging on the back of my hoodie. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me towards him. I don't resist and lay back, so my head's in his lap.

Jai's POV
I pull my sleeve up over my hand and wipe the makeup off her tear stained cheeks. Her eyelashes, wet with tears, frame her beautiful, big blue eyes. They look from my eyes, to my lips. I reach down and placed the palm of my hand on her cheek and lightly pull her head upwards. She pushes herself upwards until our faces are only centimetres away from each other. "You gonna let me kiss you now?" I ask and a small smile spreads across her face, just as our lips connect.

Ky's POV
And in that moment I swear I heard fireworks. Our lips fit together perfectly. He wraps his free hand around the small of my back and pulls me closer, now there's no space between us. I pull away and blush, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I'm meant to do that for you." says Jai, smirking.
"You are so cheesy." I grin as I pull the hair out from behind my ear and leave it hanging next to my face. Jai reaches out and places it behind my ear again, brushing the side of my face as he does it. "I've wanted to kiss you since you walked into Maths all those weeks ago." He says, he eyes locked on mine. I grin and I have to admit; I have as well, but I don't say it out loud. Suddenly, Jai's face becomes serious; "So." He says seriously and I nod my head, "What the hell was that about?"
I sigh,
"Please don't tell me you actually cut."
"God no, you know how I feel. I have to face my problems instead of creating more."
"So why did they say all that?"
"Well," I take a deep breath, "We had to do a presentation in English. I did mine on music. About how it saves people, more specifically, me. I talked about how depressed people have been helped, saved. Then I got onto the subject of cutting, and how the lyrics really help you sort yourself out. Then I kind of, um, I broke down, in front of my entire English class. Trent started yelling things about me cutting and stuff, so yeah." I look up and meet Jai's gaze, his eyes full of sympathy. He doesn't say anything, he just pulls me into a hug; his arms engulfing me and making all the pain go away. "So, can I have another kiss?" he asks with a little smirk on his face. I don't reply I just crash my lips to his. Even though it's only my second kiss, I pour as much passion as I can into it; I'm going to make it worth it. One of his hands is on my lower thigh and the other rests on my cheek, burning into my skin. I place one of my hands on the back of his head, tangling my fingers in his curls. He smiles against my lips but I don't pull away. The heat from his fingers sends shots through my body, making me feel alive. I forget about what's happened and just concentrate on Jai. His lips on mine is a feeling that I've been craving for too long, now it's actually happening and I don't plan on ending it anytime soon.

They kissed! Finally!
Poor Ky though, it's sad but people actually say things like that.

On a happier note, do you think Ky and Jai will get together? Let me know in the comments!

I thought I'd update a little earlier this week!!

Picture on the side is Ky's outfit (the presents from Jai)

Song is Razor by Foo Fighters

Vote and comment!

Ellie xx