Chapter 1 - Socially Awkward

Ky's POV

Having lived in Australia for 4 months now, I was finally getting used to life here. Every teenage girl loves the Janoskians, spiders don't eat you alive at night and nobody, I repeat, nobody says 'Put a shrimp on the barby, mate!' I've only been here 4 months and I've already moved school twice due to bullies. I'm not nerdy, or fake and I don't think I'm too ugly, it's my music taste. Just because I'd rather listen to My Chemical Romance singing about staying strong over Justin Bieber singing about his 'Baby'. No, my hairs not black, no I don't self-harm, no I'm not a social outcast; actually that's a lie, I am. Every school I've been to, I've sat in the back of the classroom, with my headphones in, listening to the likes of Green Day, All Time Low and Pierce The Veil. Name an insult, I've heard it; 'goth', 'depressed bitch,' 'emo faggot'. That one's my favourite, just has a ring to it; emo faggot. So anyway, I start at Penola High School tomorrow and by god I'm nervous. Apparently, it's where the Janoskians go. I don't really care about them, yeah some of their videos are funny and they're hot, but I'd be more nervous if I was going to the same school as Alex Gaskarth. But I'm not, sadly.

-

"Kylar Alyssa Snow, get out of that bed, now! You'll be late for your first day!" screams my mother from the bottom on the stairs. I let out a load groan. I roll over and end up falling off the bed and landing on the floor with a loud thud. I groan again. I crawl into the bathroom and brush my long purple hair out of my eyes. I look a mess. I step into the shower and let the warm water wash over me. I exit the shower and plod into my room, taking out my uniform and laying it on my bed; a plain white blouse, black pleated skirt, red and black striped tie, black blazer and little black socks. I pull the ugly uniform on and trudge downstairs. I'm greeted with a flash of light. "First day of school, honey!" my mum and dad chorus.

"Guys, this is the 3rd school in 4 months." I say bluntly, walking into the kitchen. I pour myself a glass of water and wander into the living room. I plonk down on the sofa and make up scenarios in my head as to what could happen today. 'The Janoskians all fall in love with me'; highly unlikely, 'Everyone loves me'; even more unlikely, 'I make a friend'; yeah that's impossible.

-

We pull up outside the school and I get out the car. My mum follows and walks me to the front desk. "Can I help you?" asks the receptionist in a silly high pitch voice.

"Kylar Snow." Says mum, I cringe.

"Ky." I correct her. The woman nods and scurries into a room behind the desk. She came back with a handful of papers and a time table. "This is your time table." She says, handing it to me, "And these are some papers I need you and your mother to fill out." My mum starts signing the papers, whilst I look at my time table; Maths, English, Biology, Art, PE. Great. My mum hands the papers back to the receptionist and kisses me on the cheek, "Have fun!" she says, before leaving the school. I readjust my skirt and the receptionist walks out from behind the desk. "Right, so your first lesson's Maths, I'll show you the way." She says as she scurries down the corridor and I follow behind.

-

She pushes open the door and 30 pairs of eyes all turn to look at me. I stare at the ground as the receptionist introduces me to the class. "Hello Kylar," says my Maths teacher, "There's a seat here in front of Mr Brooks." She points to a chair and I shuffle towards it. I place my bag on the empty chair next to me and take out my books.

The lesson dragged. The teacher was boring, the equations were boring, everything about the lesson was boring. When the bell goes, I grab all my stuff and attempt to hurry out the classroom. Someone taps me on the shoulder and I spin around. I'm greeted with a tall, dark haired boy, with a piercing in his eyebrow. "Can I help you?" I ask,

"You're the new girl, huh?" he asks,

"Good spot." I say sarcastically. I go to walk off but he catches my arm.

"What you got next?" he questions,

"English." I say impatiently, "Can I go now?"

"But you don't know where you're going." He replies. I ignore him, spin around and try and make my way to English. "I'm serious," I hear a voice from behind me say; "You won't know where you're going." The boy stands next to me and I sigh;

"If I let you walk me to English, will you leave me alone afterwards?" He smiles and pulls my arm,

"You're going the wrong way."

I'm back! It feels so good to be writing again and guess who this fanfic's about? You got it, The Janoskians! I discovered their videos a while ago and I just love them, especially Jai! Let me know what you think of the first chaper in the comments please and I'll be updating every Thursday :)

By the way, I'm going to be putting pictures of characters, outfits etc. on the side so make sure you check them out. Plus, I will be adding a song for each chaper so make sure you give them a listen!!

Kylar Snow is played by Willa Holland (Picture on side).

Song: Freak Out by Avril Lavigne

Ellie x