Chapter 19 - Flash Backs

Ky's POV

3 days later

"They're coming home! They're coming home!" we sing on the way to the airport. The day was finally here, after one month of waiting; the boys are on their way home! Allie, being the oldest, was driving me, Ellie and herself to the airport to collect the boys. "I can't wait to see them!" I squeal and Ellie and Allie both hum in agreement. 'Next we have the newest single from The Janoskians!' says the radio and we all scream, turning up the volume. "BEST FRIENDS, YOU ARE MY FUCKING BEST FRIENDS!" we all sing very loudly and very out of tune. After receiving some very strange looks from the people in the cars next to us, we pull into the airport car park.

-

Whilst walking to the car park, I begin to realise how much I missed Jai and my mind wander back to the time we first met;

Flash Back

I stare at the ground as the receptionist introduces me to the class. "Hello Kylar," says my Maths teacher, "There's a seat here in front of Mr Brooks." She points to a chair and I shuffle towards it. I place my bag on the empty chair next to me and take out my books.

The lesson dragged. The teacher was boring, the equations were boring, everything about the lesson was boring. When the bell goes, I grab all my stuff and attempt to hurry out the classroom. Someone taps me on the shoulder and I spin around. I'm greeted with a tall, dark haired boy, with a piercing in his eyebrow. "Can I help you?" I ask,

"You're the new girl, huh?" he asks,

"Good spot." I say sarcastically. I go to walk off but he catches my arm.

"What you got next?" he questions,

"English." I say impatiently, "Can I go now?"

"But you don't know where you're going." He replies. I ignore him, spin around and try and make my way to English. "I'm serious," I hear a voice from behind me say; "You won't know where you're going." The boy stands next to me and I sigh;

"If I let you walk me to English, will you leave me alone afterwards." He smiles and pulls my arm,

"You're going the wrong way."

-

Jai's POV

I hate flying. I remember mine and Ky's first holiday together, she held my hand for the whole flight; making me feel safer and more secure. I can't believe we've made it this far, I never thought I'd be in love with the girl that sat next to me in maths that time;

Flash Back

"Mum, I'm home!" I yell as I walk through the door, throwing my bag onto the couch.

"Hello sweetie, good day at school?" she asks from the kitchen, I smile at the thought of the girl;

Kylar. "Good thanks, we have a new girl in my maths class." My mum grins at me,

"That's nice sweetie, did you show her around?" I smile,

"I sure did!" I say enthusiastically, I take a can of coke out of the fridge and walk upstairs to my bedroom. I slump down on my bed and take out my phone; 1 new message from Luke, 'Skip's having a party new Saturday, definitely going :)' I grin and text back; 'Sure, might ask that new girl in our Maths class :/ ' he doesn't reply so I put my phone back in my pocket and start on my homework.

Ky's POV

I've changed so much since I first met Jai, I used to be so shy and timid, but now I'm the kind of girl I always wanted to be!

Flash Back

"So, about that party?" I say to Jai as he sits down next to me in Maths. His face lights up;

"You want to go?" he asks excitedly, I nod. "Ahhh!" he shouts, waving his hands around in the air,

"Shh!" I say, laughing,

"Right," he says, becoming serious, "Beau will pick you up from yours at 7.30pm, I'm not gonna leave your side all evening and we'll take you home at whatever time you want." He says sternly, pointing his finger at me, I try to stifle a laugh but it fails. "What you laughing at?" he questions, looking confused, I shake my head, still laughing. "You sound like my dad." I say in between laughs. He shrugs his shoulders, "I just want you to be safe."

My mind then wanders to that night at the cliff, where we became official, and I realised that I didn't care what Andy thought;

Flash Back

I run forward and crash my lips to Jai's; I'm getting quite confident with this kissing thing. He places his hands on my hips as I tangle my fingers in his hair. He pulls my hips closer to him and I just melt into his body, our lips still locked in a passionate embrace. "I. Don't. Care. About. Andy." I whisper in between kisses. I feel him smirk against my lips, making me smile in return. "I was hoping you'd say that." He whispers, pulling away and pressing his forehead to mine. He presses a few kisses to the top of my nose, before entwining our fingers together.

Jai's POV

"But what if she says no?" I ask Luke and he sigh,

"Jai, that's the third time you've asked me, she won't! You'll get a feeling when you see her and you'll know you're doing the right thing." I nod my head and walk towards the conveyer belt, picking up my suitcase. I begin to lug my case towards the exit, where I hope the girls will be waiting. Beau, Luke, Skip and James all walk on ahead, leaving me alone. I'm grateful because it gives me time to think about what's happened. We come out into the shopping area of the airport. I then hear a familiar high-pitched giggle, making my heart melt and I know I'm doing the right thing.

Song on the side is Gone Gone Gone by Phillip Phillips

Ellie xx