chapter 50

Amity POV

I wake up in a room not surrounded by smoke or fire. I take a look around to see that it was Luz's room. I wanted to get up. To ask what had happened, But my limbs felt heavy. I couldn't move them. I sluggishly move my head to the side to see a sleeping Luz. I ignore how heavy my limbs are and sit up. I move to stretch a little but my ribs began to hurt.

"Hey you have to be careful." Luz says as she sits up. I smile at her a little before gesturing to the door not being able to find my voice. She gets up and helps me to my feet. She guides me down stairs and over to the couch. Eda was sitting down near by looking at certain things and a bag at her side.

"I raided you house a day ago. Nice things ya got. Mint chocolate chip touch this." Eda says as she points a wooden stake at me," Go on touch it. the pointy side and tell me on a scale of 1 to 10 how much it hurts." I reluctantly tap on the tip and it hurt a lot less then it originally would. I put up 1 finger indicating it only hurt the smallest amount.

"Interesting. Seems as if this potion dulls the effects of a vampire. It was injected into ya. oh and those papers your mother showed you forgied." Eda said as she handed me a pink paper. It wasn't real it was fake. I slowly let my hand fall to my lap.

" You can go through what we found but your mother has been working 3 nights straight to fix that house of yours. Im afraid she'll drain herself and won't be much of a challenge." Eda says as she gets up leaving something on the coffee table. It was a small yet thick book. I gently pick it up and examine the cover. I gently open the book and take a look inside. It seemed like a diary. IT was my mom's and she had written slightly before she had injected me. I looked over the first sentence varios times. I close the book and stagger to my feet gaining Luz's attention.

"How much do you know about belose powers?" I ask in a raspy voice. Luz looked at me confused," He is a very strong witch. But he uses tech. like his staff folds out and he doesn't twirl it around like Eda and Lilith do with theirs." I began to pace as i take in the information. The last paragraph of the entre was that mother will go visit father in the cell today. But when i was there he was roaming free. Luz sits on the couch pulling me into her lap.

"is everything alright Amity?" Luz asks. I give her a nod as i open the diary," Wait where are Ed and Em?" Luz gently plays with my hair before pressing a gentle kiss on my forehead. I lean into her nuzzling into her neck.

"They are ok. They are with Lilith. they should arrive soon have been for the past 2 days after all." Luz says a soft smile on her face. a Small purr escaped my lips as she continued to pet me. She retracted her hand but i grabbed it and pulled it onto my head.

"Continue." I order as i look down at the diary. When i don't feel Luz continuing i look up at her. She gives me a small grin before starting to pet me. I began to read from the first entry.

It has past say 4 hours of this. Me just sitting in her lap as i read my mothers thoughts. Luz reading as well. I forgot when she had joined me but then again i was really into it. We had reached my 4th birthday. So far she had written about the twins shinanigens, me and dad blowing out the candles and getting an unexpected invitation to the emperor's castle. WE didn't expect what had happened next. Father was taken captive by the emperor and held over my mother's head like a toy. We continued to read and sadly found out that the reason she was with Lilith was because she needed to get closer with the emperor. We also figured out that she very much liked her but didn't wanna marry her. The person that was beating me so much wasn't my actual dad it well it was him but he is under a hate spell. He hates me. 

"wow. damn my dad is such a dick." Luz whispered. I turn to look at her,"Belos is your dad?" Luz looks away," What? i have no idea what you are talking about" I stand up putting my hands on my waste. raising a playful eyebrow at her. 

"You did. You just said belos is your dad." I point out Luz scratch the back of her head," Look i didn't figure out until i was like in that cage." I tilted my head a little before just slowly looking back at the diary.

"Welp better go get Eda we have a castle to break into" Luz said as she gently unwrapped her arms from around me. She gave me a light kiss on the forehead before heading in the direction of where Eda went. I pulled the bag that Eda had gotten and filled with anything not burned closer to me. I pulled random things out and one thing caught my eye. It was a metal box. It had a certain code in front of the door like a safe. I gently place it on the floor. I continue looking through the bag to spot 2 more of the exact same boxes. 

"I found those all around the house. And when your mother caught me she told me to give them to you and the twins."  Eda says as she walks into the room. I look down at the 3 safe like boxes. I start to look around the box trying to find anything out of place. When I found something out of the ordinary i only found it on one box. It was written in Pink like ink. It had my name and something i couldn't properly make out. 

"Hi mittens. Wait Amity your up?" I look up at the sound of my siblings. I give them a small wave. Emira runs up to me and pulls me into a hug. Ed joins us soon after. When we pull away Em ruffles my hair. I look over to Edric to see that he was just staring at the 3 safe like boxes.

"What are those? and why does this one have my name?" Ed said as he looked closely at the box. I snap my head at the box," What do you mean i looked at these things front and back and i only found my name on this one" I point to the box. Ed looked where i pointed and looked at me confused.

"There's nothing there." Em says then looks at the other box. She froze. She looked at Where Ed said his was. Then looked where mine was. I grab the diary and skim through it looking for our names or an explanation to the boxes. 

"those are somethings you will need in the future Kids. use them wisely." Mother said as she entered the house. she shot me a glare. I look at her confused before shaking it off. She walks closer,"They're dates. Emira and Edric's are similar, but Amity dear yours is different." I look down at the keypad and begin inputting different numbers and dates. 

"I have somewhere to be now. Good luck" She drew a spell circle and Luz fell from the roof. I look at her before looking at the roof. Eda was just as confused. Em and Ed just continued inputting dates. 

Hours passed and we canceled the break in. I pace the floor trying to think of the code. I huff in complaint and look over towards Luz. Her hugs always help me relax but she seemed to be reading the diary and i didnt want to bother her. I make my way to the door silently stepping over Ed who fell asleep and Em who was just searching her brain for answers on the floor. I step out the door and  start to make some distance between Me and the house. 

"What could the code be?" I murmur. I hear the bushes rustle. I snap my neck to where the russling was coming from. 

"How about the date of your death!" a familiar voice shouts as they drop from the trees. I duck under the person and press myself against the tree. Come on one day where someone isn't trying to kill me please! one day is all im asking.