Chapter 4

Amity POV

I didn't want to tell her but I know someday I would need to. I look at the fire as my friends laugh at Gus. If I lift my hand just enough I'll catch the flame but it won't hurt. I subconsciously touch my neck remembering how I got the new marks. James's beast.

"I guess we should play. After all we can't just stay here and do nothing." Luz says as free everyone calms down. "Yeah let's play Um Boscha you go first." Willow stated as she gently pushed my hand away from my neck. She was the only one who knew. Knew about the bite. Knew about the weird things that happen after the bite.

"Ok hmm Amity truth or dare?" Boscha asks as she looks at me with so much interest,"I'll choose dare." I know I'll regret this at some point but I don't want to pick truth she'll ask to many questions.

"Wait to make this anymore interesting let's do it at Eda's i have an idea to make this ever the more interesting." Mattolomule states as he stands up. I look over to Gus who's face flushes red.

"Yeah we might want to go to Eda's." Gus states he stands up as quickly as possible. We just go along and pack up our little camp. We talked all the way up the path and by we I mean everybody but me. I was toying around with the necklace Luz gave me thinking about the bat like beast. I felt someone purposely brush their shoulder against mine pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Are you okay Ami?" Luz asks worry laced in her voices. I send her a smile as I give her a nod,"yes I am I was just thinking." Luz sent me a worried look before taking my hand in her's. She brought it up to her lips and placed a small kiss on it.

"You can tell me anything. Even at your own pace. Just know I'm here for you." She whispers as she leans her forehead against my own. I sigh contently," I know I'll tell you when I'm ready Promise." Luz places a small kiss on my head before we continue on.

Once inside the house we all sat in a circle on the floor. Mattolomule spoke up first,"ok the reason we are in here now is because if you fail to complete a dare or truth you have to take off an article of clothing."

"Oh I like you." Boscha says with a sinister smile she than turns to me,"ok your dare is to say 2 honest things about everyone here." I think for a moment trying to pick which things to say to each one.

"Luz your really sweet but your really clumsy at certain points and I find that cute.Willow thank you for the worrying but it can be really upsetting your a really good friend. Gus your really funny but can be really annoying. Boscha your a great friend but you need to work in your dares they could have been better. Mattolomule I know you don't like me much and if I say the feeling  is mutual I would be lying." I say as I play with Luz's sweater. I slowly take the sweater off and hand it back to Luz,"thanks for letting me borrow it." She gives me a small nod before giving me a small sideways hug.

"Gus truth or dare?" I ask as I draw a small spell circle and Mauve appears. Gus thinks about it for a moment before," dare!" I think in it for a moment," do your best Mattolomule impersonation." Gus stands up and starts acting tough,"you guys better be careful with what you say to Gus. Amity is so annoying. James give me back my pencil." I flinch at James's name but I quickly recover trying not to draw any unwanted attention. Unfortunately Mauve wasn't able to hide it.

"It's ok Mauve. He isn't here." I whisper as I gently pet his head. I thought no one heard me. I feel someone staring at me. I turn to look but no ones there. I shrug it off as I pull Mauve closer to me.

"Matt truth or dare?" Gus asks as he leans his head in his shoulder," I think I'll choose truth." Gus perks up at this before he had always chosen dare," oh ok have you ever pulled a prank on Amity? And if so which one?" Wait he pulled a prank on me before.