Chapter 34

Amity POV

I follow Luz with my eyes as she walks out of the room. She was wearing no shirt and had some bandages on her arms. What happened? I couldn't really help but stare. I had taken Her hoodie and curled up on the bed with it. I thought for a few moments before getting up and heading downstairs. I was having cramps and just wanted to stay upstairs but I should say good morning. I walk downstairs and see that Ms.Noceda and Eda where in the kitchen dancing and laughing. I felt a ghost of a smile grow on my face. I didn't want to bother them so I walked over to the couch and curled up on it.

"Hey Kid are you doing alright?" Eda asks as she leans over the couch to look at me,"I could be much better." I hear someone coming down the steps,"Gus and Zora are still sleeping so remember where to put their breakfast." Luz reminded her mom. She walked around the sofa so she was in front of me.

"Hey you didn't have to come down." She said in a gentle voice. Eda ruffles her hair before going to go get something. Luz gently creases my face,"but it would have been rude of me not to." Luz shakes her head in amusement.

"Can I join you Then?" Luz asks as she gently brushes the hair from my face. I give her a small nod as I sit up. Luz sits down leaning against the couch arm I lean on her bringing my knees to my chest. Luz wraps her arms around pulling me onto her lap. I nuzzle into her neck.

"Here this might help a bit." Eda offers me a small cup filled with warm tea. I gently take it in my hand and take a sip. It was bitter and sweet at the same time. I put it down on the coffee table and lean on Luz. She gently places a kiss on my forehead. She runs her hand through my hair as she hums a soft tune.

"Morning." Zora says she sends me a gentle wave and a soft smile as she passes by. Luz looks over the couch,"where's Gus?"

"Still asleep. He was pretty tired. You know since the thing." Zora said Luz nods in understanding. I look up at Luz and wrap my arms around her. I just want cuddles. I feel the distance yearning for sleep. Luz looks down at me with a gentle smile on her face.

"Mom can you get the box of chocolates in the bottom drawer of the fridge?" Luz asks I gently begin to fidget with the ring around Luz. I wonder who's this for. It could that she's holding it for someone.

"Here. It's chocolate tastes amazing." Luz offers me a small piece of chocolate I heard for Ed and Em that you like sweet things." I slowly take the chocolate and stuff it in my mouth before leaning my head against her shoulder.

"Hey how about we go out for a walk it seems like you could use some fresh air." Luz suggested I give her a small nod before getting up. She leads me to the back of the house to the patio. We walk through the woods my hand in hers.

"Why did you wake up so early?" I ask remembering when she came to the room shirtless. Not that I was complaining or anything.

"I had to get some fire wood for coming home late. Good thing though we'll be having a camp fire tonight." Luz explains as she gently lowers herself onto the grass. She pats the spot next to her. I slowly take a set and lean my head on her shoulder. I hear footsteps coming are way.

"Well hello there." A boy says as he walks through the bush. He had a faded scar on his left cheek. He had a bat in his other hand. He had green eyes, dark blue hair and a necklace around his neck.

"Do you like it Luz it was the last one I stole from you...with the addition of the picture." He says as he flicks the ring on his neck. He catches my eye and sends me a smirk,"so this is the Angel I saw in the picture. Truly beautiful. Was this who the ring was for. Ha like she would say yes to you." Luz growls are him. Before launching at him. She punches him in the face making him fall back. She glares down at him.

"It seems you didn't learn the last time." He growls as he stands up and raises his bat over his shoulder. He swings it at Luz who ducks under it and punches him in the stomach. He staggers back before getting round house kick in the face. He falls onto his back. He swings his bat making it connect with Luz's leg. She staggers hissing in pain. He staggers to his feet and swings his fist connecting with Luz's stomach. He kicks at her legs causing her to collapse. He grabs her by the hair.

"When will you learn Luz. When." He murmura as he punches her in the face. I lunge at him. I swing at his face punching him. He staggers back holding onto his face. He looks up at me with a shocked face before smiling.

"I like a girl who fights back." He says as he grabs onto my wrist. His hold was tight not as tight as my father's but tight. I yank on my hand hard taking it out of his grasp. I throw another punch to his face but he blocks it by grabbing it. He twists it.

"Your so pretty you know that. Why choose Luz?" He asks he uses the hilt of his bat and slams it into my stomach. All the air left my body. He twisted my arm again causing it to make a weird cracking noise. I use my other arm to elbow him in the stomach her makes a small oof sound and drops his bat. He holds onto his stomach.

"You B*tch." He twist my arm behind my back. I wince at the pain. I struggle to get my arm free. He raises his fist over his head and brings it down onto my arm. A sickening sound is heard. I tightly shut my eyes as tears prick my eyes. I clench my teeth trying not to cry at the pain. He lets go of me. I cling on to my arm and fall onto my knees.

"I'm so sorry for having to do this to you,
But you must be taught a lesson." He says as goes to grab the bat. It wasn't there. Luz came out of nowhere and slammed it so hard against his face that it had broken. He falls onto the ground almost out cold. Luz's eyes were Glowing a bright golden color. He begins to get off the ground. Luz swings the broken bat at him hitting him each time.

"Never touch her again." Luz states as she hits him in the face with his bat. He falls back onto the floor. Looking up at the sky. Luz throws the bat at him hitting him where the sun doesn't shine. He groans in pain and turns over so he's laying on the grass face first. After a while he staggers to his feet and grabs his bat. One hand behind his back.

 One hand behind his back

"This isn't the end Luz." He says as she staggers back away from Luz and towards the bushes. I watch him as he takes his leave before letting myself flop down onto the grass holding my arm. I couldn't feel it. I can't move it.

"Are you okay Ami? I'm so sorry I should have done something sooner." Luz says as she kneels down besides me. cradled my face gently as she wipes away the tears that I didn't know had fallen.

"I could be better. Thank you. I guess this makes you my knight huh." I say as I gently crease her face with my Uninjured arm. She leans into my touch and slowly but surely her eyes go back to there beautiful brown.

"Luz on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad does it look?" I didn't want to look at my arm. I was scared of what it would look like. She looks Down at my arm and winces,"um" I glance at her,"be honest I can take it," hopefully.

"7.broken." She says I tilt my head,"broken? Oh my gosh that is broken!" I accidentally glances at my arm and it was bent in the wrong place and starting to swell up. I accidentally moved my arm and the pain begins to flare up. I throw my head back trying not to scream in pain.

"I'll take you to my mom she'll know what to do. I'm so sorry this happened to you Amity." Luz cradled me closer to her before picking me up bridle style. "Luz I can walk-" Luz cuts me off,"no your hurt. Your not walking." I shake my head in amusement. As she begins to carry me back to her house. How long until she remembers that I'm a vampire?