Chapter 52

Amity POV

I kept jumping from shadow to shadow making sure to injure as many guards as I could making a sort of safe path for my girlfriend.

I jump out of a shadow and am immediately surrounded. I quickly form a shadow blade. I point it to the ground and draw a circle around me. I jump activating the spell circle the abomination launched me into the air before swinging at the guards. In the near distance I saw my make shift family.

I aim for the shadow below me falling into it. I find a shadow close to Emira. I move through the shadows feeling as if I was under cold water. I jump out of the shadows and round house kick the guard that was rushing towards my sister.

"Did you open the shitty box thing?" I ask as I draw a spell circle and my arms began to be encased in abomination goo. I growl a little as I notice my brother trying to fight as many as he could. I rush to his side and slam the abomination tentacle against the guards and they are sent flying.

"Damn your fast little sis. And yes we opened it. But we didn't look inside we were waiting for you m." Emira says as she gently huddled near us trying to protect us from any incoming attack. I close my eyes trying to locate Luz. She in her wolf form. Trying to feel her shadow I failed to notice the stupid guard who laid a hand on me. I was sent fly until I hit a tree.

"Stupid construction glyph." I murmur as I get up from the floor. I sprint towards the guard and slam my fist against their face. They hit the floor with a hard thud.

"They are so rude. They need to learn some manners." I slowly turn my head to address the voice. It was Luna she had her blade by her side. She stabbed it into the ground.

"Amity I need you to meet me by the library in 2 hours-" Luna cuts herself off as I swing at her face,"-To be more specific 2 hours from when I retreat." I swop at her feet causing her to fall on the floor.

"Why should I trust you?" I slowly creat a shadow dagger inching my it closer to her. She looked up at me not trying to fight back.

"You can't but I know a way for you to both heal Eda's curse and beat my father..." she whispered,"...not to mention getting your father back." I had unknowingly lowered the dagger away from her.

"Remember near the library. With Luz. In 2 hours." Luna reminded as she swooped at my own leg causing me to fall into the floor. She looked over me casting a shadow.

"I'm glad you've finally getter a handle in the vampire perks. How's your sleeping by the way?" She asked as she looked down at me. I just stare at her before slipping her a smirk. I focus on the shadow she was casting. I sink into the shadow and appear behind her. I sprint passed her fist ready.

"What's your concern with my sleep?" I ask as I slam my fist against her face causing her to try to locate me.

"Vamps don't actually sleep well on a normal bed." She mentioned I sprinted passed her again and aim for her side. She grunts in pain holding her side trying to find me.

"You seemed pretty exhausted, Amity. Are you alright with the sleep?" Luna asked as she prepared herself for another hit. I watch her from my perch. I sink into the shadows and appear in her's

"I'm not exhausted. I'm ju-Whoa!" I feel something grab my collar as I was approaching Luna.

"Hello sister. I was just having a pleasant conversation with Ami. She's just a joy to talk to." Luna said as she leaned in her sword. Calamity drops from the trees and lads besides her.

"Luz please we need to talk about what we found. This can help you both get rid of your fathers annoying tyrant behavior and heal eda's curse." Calamity said as she stabbed her own weapon on the ground. She had a spear with dark green coloring and a dark blue ribbon on the handle.