63

20 of Kaber men drove me through the night for hours and halted in the middle of the road, the middle of nowhere to be exact, I didn't know what their plan was and I was too afraid to ask.

I looked back to notice the other SUVs parked behind us. It was silent, I sat awkwardly with one of Kabeer's men in the front seat, he is keeping an eye on me while waiting for orders.

I could tell that he wasn't satisfied with having to watch me,

"What are we waiting for?"

"Just stay quiet."

"Is that all you know how to say?" He hasn't said another word.

"Quiet."

I rolled my eyes with a sigh and looked out the window, I was aware that my decision to come here wasn't going to be a walk in the park and I was almost prepared for anything.

One thing I wasn't prepared for was finding out about Aurora, my biggest fault has always been looking for the good in people, even when they didn't deserve it.

I was the same way towards Nate, he didn't deserve my forgiveness at the end, but I gave it to him not only because he's my brother but because even after everything a part of me believed there was good in him.

The guard looked from his phone, a curious look appearing on his face which made it clear to me that something was wrong.

He never said a word so I asked for myself,

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm going to check the area. Do not move, are we clear?" He said as he opened the door, it wasn't like I had a choice.

I made my move and now I suffered the consequences, waiting. I watched the guard step out of the SUV and without warning, his body fell back into the SUV with a bullet.

A hole in the center of his forehead.

My eyes widened and I covered my mouth while the guard's lifeless body faced me, his eyes frozen open.

I hadn't even heard a noise, there was no gunshot and I knew instantly that a silencer was used. Someone was outside and I was in danger. Everyone was right, I shouldn't have come here because if I hadn't the guard would still be alive.

I shook with fear and I slid onto the floor of the back seat, attempting to hide and contain the horrified whimpers that threatened to escape.

I was trapped and there was no way out.

The door suddenly burst open and someone jumped into the driver's seat and sprinted onto the road.

I had my head down so I couldn't see who it was, and all the gunfire and speeding was making me very dizzy, even my vision was starting to blur out but before I fainted I managed to make out a voice.

I woke up sometime later with pain throbbing at my neck and a nurse hovering over me, I managed to sit up,

"Where am I?"

"Be still."

"Where am I?" I looked around with a wince, the room seemed unfamiliar, my head was blank and beating, I couldn't recall what happened, or how I got to this place.

The lady hurries out, I'm guessing to call someone, I held onto my head and tried to stand when the door opened revealing someone I haven't seen in a while,

"Luis?"

"Eva Green, it's nice to see you?" He grins.

I dashed and pulled into a hug, the pain on my neck boosting.