Chapter 24

Eva

"You don't need to pack anything, I will get you knew   clothes once we arrive-"

Carlos voice said from the other side of the room as I was throwing some clothes into the bag. The man is unbelievable. He wastes money like he plucks them from some magical tree somewhere.

I mean who buys more clothes when they have a closet full of them? I could open a huge store with all of this clothes.

Ignoring him I continued packing and once I was done I dropped the bag on the floor and rolled it downstairs.

I made it outside to see him talking to his men and on seeing he nods at them and makes it over to me, "I told you not to pack, I would get you new ones-"

He said, as one of his men took the bag from me and loaded it into the car, "I don't need more clothes." I tell him and he shakes his head at me, "how's your wound?" I asked.

"Better." He responds and lets me watch after him as he walked towards the garage and dialed something on the blue menu pad, causing it to open and reveal the most beautiful black car I had ever seen.

I'm not really good with cars, but I think it's a lamborghini, I could be wrong,

But when he got into the car and drove out in front of me, my awe turned to worry, I slowly got into the car and looked at him doubtfully, "You shouldn't be driving with that wound Carlos-" I tell him.

He smiles, "I will be fine, don't worry -" He assured me. I still wasn't comfortable with it, but I nodded anyway and leaned back against the chair.

Through the side mirror I could estimate about four black other cars following us behind.

"What's it you do again?" I asked, I have never really had the chance to ask him. He took a moment before answering, "I'm a businessman-"

"What's sort of businessman?" I ask looking at him.

"I own a few holding companies-" He uttered not blinking an eye. I stared at him intently, "Are you lying?" I asked.

"You don't think I can own a company?" he asked surprised.

"Not that, I think there's more you're not telling. No businessman owns a battalion of men. You know, you can start your own army with this men, let's not add the stocks of guns and ammunition in your house."

"They are for protection-"

"Whose protection?"

He arched his brow at me, "Now who's prying-"

"Hmmm.." I hummed and looked out of the window, if I didn't know better I would assume he was in the mafia. Only dangerous criminals like Gabriel keep so much security, but it's Carlos- sweet Carlos.

"You okay?" he asked and I nodded, "Can we drop by a store, I need to buy a few snacks, I'm hungry."

He nodded. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep since I didn't get enough last night.

After a few short minutes, the car came to a halt and I blinked my eyes to see we had parked in front of a huge grocery store.

I unbuckled my seat belt before opening the door and getting out of the car, I took a couple of steps forward, until I realized Carlos hadn't come out of the car.

He was going through something on his phone and once he was done he opened the door and got out. I almost lost my breath. The man was breathtaking.

I froze

It's just like a scene in a movie, where the handsome antagonist, gets down from his car and the world stops moving.

Stop it Eva...I snapped myself out of it as he began to approach me.

He smiled, "Ready?" I nodded, he grabbed my hand and guided me towards the store, as we walked there was something I noticed that made me cringe in disgust, Almost all the women were looking at him, there were even a few that greased his elbows as they passed by him.

Disgusting. I gasped. ignoring them, I picked up a tiny basket and we began walking around the store, until we found the junk section.

"You've haven't done this before have you?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I usually have people do it for me-" He smirked.

I shook my head,

"Cocky-" I snort and began throwing some Doritos in the basket and once the basket was quite full. I didn't overdo with the junk because Carlos said the house  was just an hour away.

As Carlos was paying I noticed some teenage girls giggling and pointing towards him, Shouldn't they be in school or something? I rolled my eyes and once Carlos was done paying. I grabbed my Doritos and got in the car, waiting for him.

He got into the car after a few seconds and pulled out of the parking lot. We shared the Doritos on the way, turns out he's never had one, which his weird. Who hasn't had Doritos?

"Before I forget." I shoved a handful in my mouth before looking up at him, "Who did you tell your family I am?" I asked with a mouthful.

"My Girlfriend-" he uttered and I almost choked.

______