41

Eva

We appeared out to see two black Suv parked right in front of the building, there were also guards standing and patrolling the area.

"You." One of the guards appeared in front of me and I froze, "You're coming with us, the rest get moving."

I shook my head stepping back. I didn't fight and come all this way not to leave without Nate,

"Who are you?"

"If you resist, we have strict instructions to apply force. So I advise you stay calm and behave."

"No, I'm not moving anywhere without my brother and you can't just take me against my will, people are watching."

I looked around for help, but everyone just went on minding their business like nothing was happening, no one wanted to interfere.

The guard turned around to make a call and I looked up at Diego,

"What's going on?"

"I didn't know about this."

"Are this even Carlos men?" I haven't seen any of this men before, for all I knew this could be Grabriels men.

"They are..." he didn't sound certain.

"Are we going or not, my leg hurts." Nate whined and just then the guard returned back to us, this time in a more serious demeanor.

"Get the boy, we don't have time." The guard ordered and others hovered around Nate and grabbed him towards the car.

"Stay away from him-" Just as the words escaped my lips, a hard cloth went over my mouth,

My eyes widened and I struggled and placed my hand over the hands against my mouth.

I managed to look up and to my shook it was no other than Diego, holding me against his chest and suffocating me with a cloth.

I felt my heart break.

This was all him, he's been double-crossing us the whole time,

I trusted him.

"Y-you bastard.."

I mumbled weakly and dug my nails into his hands, not wanting to give in but as I continued to resist, I felt my body betraying me.

"Shhh...It's just chloroform, you'll be awake soon."

He mumbled against my ear as my eyelids began to flutter. The last thing I saw before finally passing out was the fear on Nate's face.

Sometime later...

My head ached when I began regaining consciousness, Everywhere was dark and my eyes felt heavy as I tried to open them but slowly and reluctantly I managed to get them open and roam my surroundings.

That's when I realized I was tied to a chair, in an empty room. I wasn't even wearing the clothes I had on before, I was wearing an overly large T-shirt.