"Hey!"

I jump at the sudden sound of Cam's voice and roll my eyes at him. "Don't do that!"

"What do you mean? Were you hiding something?" He comes closer to me and looks over my shoulder as I zip my purse closed.

"It's none of your business," I say as I lightly push his head off my shoulder.

"You are my business," Cam says playfully and I just shake my head at this.

He's been quite odd lately. His flirts are less, but they're there. Yet, there seems to be loss of shine in his dark eyes whenever he sees me again. I've asked him if everything was alright, but all he says to me is that he misses his drinking partner. I never say anything back to him when he says this. Drinking hasn't been on my mind after everything I'm going through. But I guess I have to see what day I'm free so this idiot doesn't go all baby on me.

I start towards the exit and into the kitchen. Cam quietly follows me and I immediately know something is up with him. But I let him stay silent until he finally says to me, "Hey, mate?"

"Yeah?" I say as I take my notepad and pens to put in the pockets of my uniform.

"Do....Are you....Are you and Blake like....dating again?"

Uh oh. I knew this conversation was bound to come up some time.

I give him a small smile and try to playfully answer his question. "Well. I don't know. What do you think, Mister Love Whisperer?" I chuckle at the nickname he gives himself, but his smile does not reach his eyes like it always does.

All he does is shrug and shove his hands in the pocket of his suit pants. "I guess you are. I can see it."

"Yes. We are," I say softly this time. My brows furrow when Cam's eyes grow wide and sadness runs through them. "What's wrong?"

Cam quickly pushes his sadness aside and shakes his head with a weak smile. "Nothing. I'm happy for you, mate." He puts a light hand on my arm and walks off before I can even say anything else.

I watch him walk towards a table and kindly attend to a family. Worry crosses my heart for my friend. I may have broken him. If there's anyone that has insisted to win my affection, it's Cam. But only Blake knows how to ignite my heart with just a look....

My thoughts are interrupted as Ryan calls out to me. I turn to see him with a few folders and tired eyes. "Abi. I was wondering if you've seen Blake."

"No. I haven't seen him all day."

"Hm. Okay. Then I'll just have to see--" His thinking out loud is interrupted by a small vibration of his phone. He answers and says, "Blake! Where are you?" He stays silent and even I find myself trying to eavesdrop their conversation. Blake isn't the type to just miss work without a week of anticipation.

"Okay! Don't worry! I hope you feel better."

My eyes grow wide at these words. Ryan hangs up and smiles down at me. "It seems like he's sick. Well. We are entering our October winds so I will be hearing a lot of those calls this month."

Sick? Blake isn't the type to get sick with just a wind either.

But I just go along with Ryan and nod. "I'm sure it's just a cold. He should be back sooner or later."

"Anyways. It was just to see the new things we're getting with the funding money from the cruise party. But I guess we can do that another day." I nod at him and Ryan gestures towards the patio out front. "Alright. Why don't you go ahead and take the outside customers today?"