"I don't know how to run my own company!"

"I'll teach you, and we can hire people to help you, but no wife of mine will be someone's lackey. I forbid it." Dominic grunted.

"I'm not even sure what company I would want to start!"

"You liked the real estate settings; you can start a business around that. Keep brainstorming ideas of what you want to do but working for someone is out the question."

After breakfast, I sat alone in the living room, brainstorming ideas of careers I would want to dabble in. Real estate is definitely on the list, but the idea of buying, flipping and reselling the home seems more interesting than simply selling houses. Party planning has also come to mind, but I'm not sure if Dominic would like the idea of people telling me what to do, even if it's for their own party.

Dominic dragged me away from my brainstorming around late afternoon. He had a final surprise for us. It was a long drive past the city. Soon we were surrounded by open fields, fresh air, and the beauty of nature. The car came to a halt at a pier.  A small yacht was waiting at the dock, and a captain was holding a large bouquet of red roses. The dock's sign read "Lago di Garda" (Lake Garda), Italy's biggest lake.

"I thought we would take a boat ride around the lake," Dominic spoke as he parked the car.

Dominic exited the car first and walked over to the passenger side to let me out. Hand in hand, we walked slowly to the dock. The captain nodded at us and handed me the bouquet before boarding the yacht.

Dominic waited for the engine to start before stepping onto the boat. He reached his hand out towards me to help me, board.

We walked toward the front of the yacht, where two patio chairs sat facing the lake. Between the chairs was a table with a bucket of champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, and a platter of cheese, fruits, and crackers. 

"This is beautiful, thank you, Dominic," I whispered as I kissed him.

"You are welcome, my love." 

We sat on the chairs and waited patiently for the captain to drive the boat. 

The ride around the lake was the most beautiful and simple date Dominic could've done for me. It was quiet around the lake; the waves around the boat and the squeal of the birds flying by were the only sounds heard. We indulged ourselves with the champagne and fruits provided while we took in the beautiful scenery. Words were barely spoken between us. It was nice. Sometime during the ride, I found myself in Dominic's lap. As the boat turned around back to the docks, the memories of our first meeting passed through my mind. Dominic has changed so much since we've first met. I've changed so much since we met. I never thought we could be like this. I never thought I could be happy with someone who took me away from life for so long. Any doubt that lingered was completely cleared. 

----------

We got back to the docks after a few hours of driving around the lake. The captain helped us off the boat before driving away again. The sun began to set as we drove back home. Mama called us on the way home to say she was at the house and preparing dinner.