Day 1

To get Dominic to eat was like getting pigs to fly; it was nearly impossible and yet the most frustrating and most ridiculous task possible. He ate slow and took small bites. He needed to eat. He lost weight. I can see it. His body was barley toned and his muscles have lost their mass.
He wouldn't stopped staring at me. I know he was somewhat sober but his mind was still refusing the fact that I'm really here.

Once he finished his plate I took the tray and placed it by the night stand by the door.

"Who's been running things during your...absence." I asked.

"Dante."

"Well he can run it for the next two days. We need to talk. With honesty."

"What's there to discuss?"

"How do you feel with what I've said? You have really said much." I sat on the bed and watched Dominic shift uncomfortably in his chair. Dominic doesn't do honest or emotional talks well.

"I can't let you back in."

"Why not?"

"I can't feel this again. I can't risk you leaving again." His head dropped into his palms. He was stressed out and I completely understood.

"I can't promise I won't leave again. But I can promise that as of right now you have me. All of me, 100%. I don't want to feel how I felt when I lived here ever again but I'm willing to try. Don't you want to give this a try at all? To see if 16 year old us were right about this?"

Silence.

His hands made small circular motions on his temples, my guess is he's trying to sooth a hangover. I shouldn't be pushing this conversation right now in his state but if I don't say what's on my heart now I may never will. Tomorrow isn't promised. Our relationship is up in the air with no indication of where it might go. But today, today I want to pour my heart out to Dominic.

"The fuck is courting?" he asked softly.

"Well dating. Getting you know each other. Go on dates...you know being normal. I think we lacked that a lot."

"I don't have time to date. I need to get my business back to where it needs to be."

"You had time for a whole fiancée you can make time to date. Look, you don't need to agree to anything right now. Which is why I came to see you. I want to try us out for the next two days. We can go out to dinner or do something out the house and take it from there. Once I leave for New York we can make a decision then."

"Who knows you're here?"

"Damien. I didn't want my family influence in this. It's about me and you. What you want and what I want."

He brought his head up to look at me. He pushed himself away trom his desk and walked towards me. He placed hands on either side of the bed and bent down so we would be face to face. He was analyzing me closely. I didn't move or flinch. I stared straight back into his eyes showing the same confidence I had when I walked through the front doors. Dominic wanted to look for doubt or discrepancy in my eyes. When he couldn't find what he wanted. He backed away slowly. He stood tall in front of me. His left hand came up to caress my cheek. I closed my eyes as he petted my cheek with his index finger. His touch was warm.

"If we do this, and you so much much as screw with me I will show no mercy on your family. Remember my words."

"Wouldn't expect it to be anything different." I stood up and took a small step towards him. I placed my hands on his chest and pushed up to give him a kiss on the cheek.