Chapter 22: A Gruesome Battle (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"I know, right?" Krillin commented, "Pretty crazy stuff... But look, now that you're awake, we've gotta get out of here."

"What?! What about the others?"

"They're still fighting Frieza... Over there..." Gohan sighed, pointing into the distance. "My dad said we should find Bulma and get back to his ship-"

"No."

"What?!"

"I'm not leaving until I see Frieza dead." Luna said in a low voice, surprising everyone around her as images from her recent nightmare plagued her mind.

"B-but Luna..." Gohan tried, actually a bit frightened of the look in her eyes. "He's just too strong for any of us to-"

"I'm. Not. Leaving." She repeated, looking them all dead in the eyes as she stood up, clenching her hands into fists before staring towards where the battle was taking place. "You guys can go if you want... I, I think you should. Get Bulma and get out of here!" She finished harshly before blasting forward and leaving everyone staring after her in shock.

"S-she's lost her mind!" Krillin stammered, his eyes going wide as he watched Gohan fly after her. "Gohan! Come back!"

...

Meanwhile, with Frieza...

...

Things were not going well. Frieza had manged to achieve his final transformation as the combined efforts of Goku, Piccolo and Vegeta were barely enough to keep him at bay.

"When I'm finished with you two monkeys and you, Namek," Frieza spat, glaring at them all cruelly. "I'm going to track down your pathetic little friends and blast them into oblivion!"

Vegeta growled, putting everything on the line as he powered up for one final attack. This is my last chance... He thought, raising his hands above his head as he screamed.

"Let's see how you deal with my Super... Saiyan... WRATH!" He roared, blasting a huge ball of energy towards Frieza.

The monster below him smirked, watching as the giant orb got closer and closer before kicking it back up effortlessly as it sailed right past Vegeta and into the atmosphere.

"N-no... No... That was everything... Everything I had left..." Vegeta mumbled as Goku and Piccolo were both completely shocked.

It... It didn't even faze him! Piccolo thought, a bead of sweat running down the side of his face before he felt four power levels approaching. No! What are you fools thinking-

"Well Vegeta, it's been fun..." Frieza said in a bored tone, floating up to where the Saiyan was still hovering. "But I've got a lot of cleaning up to do... So you'll forgive me if I finish our little game quickly." He chuckled, smirking before backhanding the spiky haired man towards the ground. Before he could react, Frieza materialized in front of him, planting a swift uppercut to his ribs as Vegeta's eyes shot open in pain.

"Goodnight sweet prince..." Frieza said sarcastically, the tip of his finger lighting up as he blasted a thin beam of energy straight through the Saiyan's chest, watching in satisfaction as he fell to the ground with a thud.

"Vegeta!" Goku yelled, clenching his fists as Luna landed next to him. "Luna?! What are you doing here! You have to go! Get out of here while you still can!"

"Vegeta!" She screamed, unable to look away as Frieza grabbed the front of the man's armor, lifting him up before getting ready to deliver the final blow.

"Heh, glad you saved me the trouble of tracking you all down..." Frieza laughed, watching as Gohan, Krillin and Dende landed behind her. "Here's a taste of what you're in for..."